partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116457 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  What is Happening in your state?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: What is Happening in your state?  (Read 5136 times)
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 06:28:41 PM »

I will be going. It is a good chance to watch all of the registered dancers
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 04:59:20 AM »

yes that will be great. hope that we can recruit some new young ones to the sport. Will work on that next year this year we have to concentrate on our dancing.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »

Well it's the night before the comp. We are feeling pretty prepared, though our latin and quickstep are a little dodgy. So is our Tangoette, but that's expected, because we were doing so many things wrong that there wasn't time in one lesson to correct them. We've got most of the really bad bits ironed out though.

Apart from that, our Waltz and Merrilyn are prepared. They're the dances we've been doing since the dawn of time (or so it seems). They still have room for improvement, but I'm confident that there is less than most of our competitors. Our coaches have been training us to a standard above our current level, in preperation for elevation and with the mentality of 'you can pick it up, it wont hurt you to learn it now, or at least get a vague idea of the concept'.
All said and done I can't wait! We haven't been to a proper comp in ages.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »

Good luck for tomorrow...dont forget the flowers in the vase! keep your heads up and don't look at the floor. DP needs to look like he is enjoying himself....it is all a learning curve....just go out and enjoy yourself. Grin

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 12:56:28 AM »

the next thing to happen in our state is in November so have a few months to do.  we are going Interstate first so that will hold us hopefully in good stead when we get back.

There will be medalist comp so Lioness should be on the floor Cheesy

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 12:59:45 AM »

I am not sure about other state but dancing is struggling in SA, we need to get more young people involved but it is an uphill battle I think that those at the top need to work together for the benefit of the sport. Not saying that they are not but we need to get former dancers involved in promoting and encouraging or mentoring new people. Most of the people currently involved int he organization of the state bodies either run schools or are serious dancers and they just dont have time and because of that it struggles.

Very complex and I am not sure if I know the answer. Undecided

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »

Yep...we always are, though frankly it's getting a bit ridiculous. The only people I compete against are my sisters, and with me getting private lessons they aren't much of a competition.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 01:25:29 AM »

Yep...we always are, though frankly it's getting a bit ridiculous. The only people I compete against are my sisters, and with me getting private lessons they aren't much of a competition.

yes...that is why we need to recruit...

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 04:56:23 AM »

We have plenty of competition amongst the medallists, but we aren't allowed to go in there because we don't actually have our medal, we're just competing in the division. They just don't want us to beat them properly...
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 06:11:18 AM »

Not much for us until the Aussies.  Sad
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 06:27:45 AM »

We have plenty of competition amongst the medallists, but we aren't allowed to go in there because we don't actually have our medal, we're just competing in the division. They just don't want us to beat them properly...
Cheesy
did you mean 'probably' Smiley though I like properly much better 

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 06:30:27 AM »

Not much for us until the Aussies.  Sad

well you can always come over for the summer festival in Adelaide....you have accommodation if you need it Wink

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 06:23:29 PM »

we still have 2 large comps before the Aussies - the Star on 31st October and the QADS titles middle of November.  Just found out my son and partner can't dance at the Star - his partner has a final uni exam on that day.  Would have been nice for them to have another practice run before the Aussies but can't be helped. - mummsie
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »

we still have 2 large comps before the Aussies - the Star on 31st October and the QADS titles middle of November.  Just found out my son and partner can't dance at the Star - his partner has a final uni exam on that day.  Would have been nice for them to have another practice run before the Aussies but can't be helped. - mummsie

You mean either the comp is NOT run on a weekend or your son's partner has an exam on a weekend!  Shocked
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 08:30:23 PM »

And she's really annoyed about the exam. It doesn't start until 1.30pm and won't finish until 3.30pm. Such a nuisance that it's being held on a Saturday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: