partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:40:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  Where are you from?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 3258 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 12:42:05 AM »

if only you could see through the computer when that happens it is hilarious... Grin

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 06:41:30 PM »

Speaking of interstate comps, I think there's one competition in Qld and another one in NSW which are either 1 or 2 week apart in November.
So we're planning a long road trip up Qld/NSW in november and stop by to compete in those comps!  Grin

Bring on freedom! We'll have finished Uni by then!
These are the 21st and 28th November.  Have never been to the Lismore one but have been told its a good country comp.  The one on the 21st is a good comp although the floor is very small.  The venue is really good.  I think they have a deal with some local hotels for accommodation.  I can find out for you if you like as friends of ours are on the organising committee. - mummsie
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »

These are the 21st and 28th November.  Have never been to the Lismore one but have been told its a good country comp.  The one on the 21st is a good comp although the floor is very small.  The venue is really good.  I think they have a deal with some local hotels for accommodation.  I can find out for you if you like as friends of ours are on the organising committee. - mummsie

That would be really good Mummsie!
We don't have too much information over here as it's interstate (well and still quite far away).

Are those elevating comps?
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »

Yes everyone remember to give lots of information that we can promote to our local school, I know several compeititors that go interstate quite reguarly to attend a comp

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 11:34:11 PM »

That would be really good Mummsie!
We don't have too much information over here as it's interstate (well and still quite far away).

Are those elevating comps?

the ADS one - not normally but you can choose to elevate if you wish if there are more than 4 couples on the floor.  Not sure about the Lismore one - will have to wait until the program comes out.  When it does I will scan it for you.  I get all the ADS information sent to me as I am a member  Smiley - mummsie
dancer86
pre-bronze

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »

You all probably know the Dancesport Qld website, but for those who don't, it's quite an informative site for anyone with an interest in Qld comps and results. It's dsq.org.au Smiley
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »

thanks for that information. please post information about what is happening your way. we love to hear it. Mummsie is also from QLD and will give reports.

Dance Forum
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai PiĆ¹ Senza! ~

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »

Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/gunnado/landdownunder.html
or video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:57:13 AM by Vagabond » Logged

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: