partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 01:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Canadian dance scene
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Canadian dance scene  (Read 23426 times)
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #240 on: June 05, 2012, 01:27:10 AM »

I don't think they did as well this time around.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #241 on: June 05, 2012, 05:07:13 AM »

I don't think they did as well this time around.
well, thats a given as only one relatively low ranked couple competed!  Where were the stars?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »

Ontario Open in October.
This should be a very interesting year.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »

Ontario Open in October.
This should be a very interesting year.

and pray, why?

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »

I am hoping there is going to be a new peace that will hopefully help make dancing stronger.  We shall see.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »

I am hoping there is going to be a new peace that will hopefully help make dancing stronger.  We shall see.

we desperately need it - I think its hurting interest in competetive dancing.  Who needs to be in the middle of a turf-fight?

BTW I wrote to the canadian dancesport to ask if the termination of sanctions now means that there are no restrictions on competitions.  However, I have not as yet recieved a reply...

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »

There are no restrictions, you can now dance in whatever comp you like.  They are going to look at it again next June I believe but right now it is open.

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2012, 05:28:07 AM »

Taking away sanctioning has of course opened the door to the WDC to try and come into Canada and take over like they have been trying to do in the States but of course now that you can go into any comp it took the wind out of their sails too.  Now there is not much purpose to change sides.  I think in the end people will just pick who will give them more for their buck as a member and that is a good thing because it will make the groups have to make themselves look more attractive rather than just sit back and think they don't have to sell their product since everyone has to buy it.  I think it is going to be become a good thing for dancing.  Overall I don't think the mass majority of people care who is in charge as long as they can dance where they want, rules are in place to keep some order and they get value for their buck. 

What I do believe is that we have to make all the levels feel like they are important and we are part of a club.  It can't be where only the ones in Champ are considered important.   

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:15 AM »

I think it will be good for the organizations, and a bit harder on the comps as they will have to do more to attract 'customers'.  But the organizations should always have been in favor since if there are more opportunities there are likely to be more dancers.  For example one can now be an IDSF (old name) or a WDC canadian champion - there's room for more egos!

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2012, 03:12:24 AM »

I agree

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2012, 01:15:28 AM »

Major upset at the Rockymountain dancesport (Calgary oct 27th):

Amateur Adult Championship Latin (SCRPJ)
  1) 150 Jean-Philipe Milot & Laurence Bolduc - qc
  2) 188 Anton Belyayev & Antoaneta Popova - Ontario
  3) 193 Alon Gillin & Anastasia Tratneva - Ontario
  4) 200 Jone Lam & Kristina Kulikova - Ontario
  5) 100 Mario Acosta-Cevallos & Diana Lemeshko - AB
  6) 224 Simeon Vassilev & Dimitrina Vassilev - QC
  7) 126 Winston Gaqui & Whittnie Gaqui - AB

... but the AM standard remains mostly unchanged...
 Amateur Adult Championship Standard (WTVFQ)
  1) 188 Anton Belyayev & Antoaneta Popova - Ontario
  2) 193 Alon Gillin & Anastasia Tratneva - Ontario
  3) 228 Stefan Badea & Madalina Varlam - AB
  4) 207 Brenton Mitchell & Julie Poirier - NS
  5) 197 Krystyan Kazanowsky & Angella Kazanowsky - ab
  6) 100 Mario Acosta-Cevallos & Diana Lemeshko - AB
  7) 218 Eric Sit & Grace Sit - AB

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2012, 02:04:52 AM »

The good thing about getting away from a local scene is that you get judging that has not become just status quo.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2012, 07:22:02 AM »

The good thing about getting away from a local scene is that you get judging that has not become just status quo.

I checked DSO - they beat them once before in europe.  So I think its the beginning of a 'new normal'....

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »

I think you are right.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2012, 05:38:33 AM »

Love to see them dance on th same floor....

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: