partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 05:25:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Funstuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Harmless Pranks
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Harmless Pranks  (Read 1879 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 02:03:45 PM »

True.  I only pull pranks on pranksters and never get upset when they try and pull them on me.  Its a bit of a mutual game.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 11:33:37 PM »

life ( or god?) plays enough pranks on me without getting them from friends or colleagues

"""VERY TRUE""""
Life and God)

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 09:50:49 AM »

True.  I only pull pranks on pranksters and never get upset when they try and pull them on me.  Its a bit of a mutual game.

just like the mafia then!

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »

just like the mafia then!

hey watch it buddy, never know where the mafia is or when you'll be PRANKED!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
PretzelsAndBeer
pre-bronze

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 03:27:08 PM »

Pranks always come at an expense, so you have to wiegh up the pros and cons of it. As long as it does not cost moment or hurt anyone they have their place.   I am not a good prankster....

True dat.  Harmless is the key.  I don't think it's funny to make someone feel anxious, scared, in danger, or anything like that, then say ha ha just kidding.  Causing confusion or ambiguity is acceptable - that's the essence of the prank - but not in a way that preys on someone's fears, which we all have.

Here's another one.  I work in an office that consists of several large rooms arranged asymetrically.  From the outside corner of one room you can see through a doorway in the opposite corner, a little ways down a corridor, through another doorway, between two walls, and all the way to the farthest corner of the farthest room, and distance of about 350 feet.  Nerd that I am, I thought it would be fun to stretch a kite string along that full line of sight and tack it to the wall at each end.  Just to make people think, "da heck is this all about?"  Did this with another guy's help one weekend, but it was down when I got to the office the following Monday.  Probably some maintenance man with no sense of humor.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 10:20:28 PM »

nah, I know the guy who took it - his kid has a kite...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 10:38:54 PM »

Think I saw that kid.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: