partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:02:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Funstuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Harmless Pranks
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Harmless Pranks  (Read 2094 times)
PretzelsAndBeer
pre-bronze

« on: April 28, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »

Here's something I've been doing for over ten years.  Once in a while I bring a box of Cracker Jacks to work for a snack.  There's another guy who has been working at the same place for about that long.  I don't know him well.  I picked his name pretty much at random.

Whenever I have Cracker Jacks, I put the little Cracker Jacks toy in a new interoffice mail envelope and send it to him.  He's gotten probably about a hundred of these little doodads in the interoffice mail over the years with no idea where they are coming from.

Yes, I'm easily amused.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:38:41 PM by elisedance » Logged
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:33 AM »

He's probably totally paranoid by now. Thinks he has a secret admirer/stalker.

P&B I'm gonna send you something and you wont know who its from....

DOH! Undecided

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:21:38 AM »

Here's something I've been doing for over ten years.  Once in a while I bring a box of Cracker Jacks to work for a snack.  There's another guy who has been working at the same place for about that long.  I don't know him well.  I picked his name pretty much at random.

Whenever I have Cracker Jacks, I put the little Cracker Jacks toy in a new interoffice mail envelope and send it to him.  He's gotten probably about a hundred of these little doodads in the interoffice mail over the years with no idea where they are coming from.

Yes, I'm easily amused.

You are a sick and twisted man....but very funny!
I like this!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 10:55:41 AM »

Haha!  That.  Is.  Awesome.

*loves it*

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:45:32 AM »

Yes, I'm easily amused.

OH this is so amusing and CLASSIC! Love it!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 11:50:54 AM »

Tres cute!

have you ever wondered what he does with them?  
[quiet bit of sabbotage - now its going to pray on you until you have to find out and then you will sneak a peek in his draw and he will catch you at it and yell !!!!YOU, ITS YOU, YOU ARE THE CRACKERS CRACKER JACK CRACKER TOY SENDER!!! while breaking down sobbing and then admitting that he hoped it was that cute latino girl in accounting...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »

Tres cute!

have you ever wondered what he does with them?  
[quiet bit of sabbotage - now its going to pray on you until you have to find out and then you will sneak a peek in his draw and he will catch you at it and yell !!!!YOU, ITS YOU, YOU ARE THE CRACKERS CRACKER JACK CRACKER TOY SENDER!!! while breaking down sobbing and then admitting that he hoped it was that cute latino girl in accounting...

ROTFLMAO Elise! hahaaa .... I had to read this twice since you deliberately stuck a tongue twister in there.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 01:57:58 PM »

My employees and I liked to joke around a lot.  On pricing stickers a couple of the kids found that they could put sayings on the stickers.  I warned them not to fool around as someone may find one and not be happy about it.
One night the guy left some stickers to be used by the morning staff but had changed the product name to something funny but possibly offensive.  He was in later that afternoon for his evening shift and when he came in we all looked quite serious.  He also noticed the big-wigs from head office were in and asked what was going on.  I told him that a customer had come upon one of the stickers and was so upset that the head office people came in from Toronto to find out what happened and deal with the person responsible.  His face turned white.  I then told him they were all in my office and waiting for him to arrive for work.  I think he broke out in a sweat and I'm sure his knees began to knock.  I called my office to say that the guy had arrived. 

I have to mention that I was friends with the head office people and told them ahead that I was pulling a prank on one of my employees so when they called him in (for a different matter) to look angry.  I also told them to give it a good 10 or 15 minutes before they called him in to let him sweat it out a bit.

When they did finally call him over the loudspeaker to come to the office I almost had to help him walk there.  When we went in they looked at him sternly and mentioned that they heard about what he had done and had to speak to him about it.  It was like he had seen a ghost and I thought he was going to drop right there.  They then pulled out a picture taken of the Christmas windows he had painted and told him what a great job he had done.  The look of relief on his face was priceless.  The head office people never found out about the sticker but the guy learned his lesson about playing with the stickers.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »

My employees and I liked to joke around a lot.  On pricing stickers a couple of the kids found that they could put sayings on the stickers.  I warned them not to fool around as someone may find one and not be happy about it.
One night the guy left some stickers to be used by the morning staff but had changed the product name to something funny but possibly offensive.  He was in later that afternoon for his evening shift and when he came in we all looked quite serious.  He also noticed the big-wigs from head office were in and asked what was going on.  I told him that a customer had come upon one of the stickers and was so upset that the head office people came in from Toronto to find out what happened and deal with the person responsible.  His face turned white.  I then told him they were all in my office and waiting for him to arrive for work.  I think he broke out in a sweat and I'm sure his knees began to knock.  I called my office to say that the guy had arrived. 

I have to mention that I was friends with the head office people and told them ahead that I was pulling a prank on one of my employees so when they called him in (for a different matter) to look angry.  I also told them to give it a good 10 or 15 minutes before they called him in to let him sweat it out a bit.

When they did finally call him over the loudspeaker to come to the office I almost had to help him walk there.  When we went in they looked at him sternly and mentioned that they heard about what he had done and had to speak to him about it.  It was like he had seen a ghost and I thought he was going to drop right there.  They then pulled out a picture taken of the Christmas windows he had painted and told him what a great job he had done.  The look of relief on his face was priceless.  The head office people never found out about the sticker but the guy learned his lesson about playing with the stickers.   

OMG .......... I do not know if I would've peed my pants, cried, passed out or what if this ever happened to me. LOL

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »

True story:  I went to college in a town where the only heavy industry - was a chocolate factory.  Well, one of the student employees felt he had been ripped off with his salary so on his last night he 'amended' the cocolate santa molds to be, shall we say, anatomically correct.  Santa was never as upstanding and erect as he was that year - and they had to recall thousands of them.

really puts the truth to the saying 'revenge is sweet' 

(hey, I just thought of that... )

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 10:36:24 PM »

LOL Too funny!!! Now I work in a place where I can play hundreds of pranks....
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 09:49:47 PM »

The tricky thing is to not have pranks played back on you.  As everyone can probably tell by now I am hardly ever serious so I'm surprised that I can pull pranks on people and not have them be wise to it.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »

Pranks always come at an expense, so you have to wiegh up the pros and cons of it. As long as it does not cost moment or hurt anyone they have their place.   I am not a good prankster....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 05:13:56 AM »

Pranks always come at an expense, so you have to wiegh up the pros and cons of it. As long as it does not cost moment or hurt anyone they have their place.   I am not a good prankster....

life ( or god?) plays enough pranks on me without getting them from friends or colleagues

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 08:22:36 AM »

I agree.. I need to feel safe, not having to be anxious that someone might come up and do something to me and make me anxious for nothing...

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: