partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Tightness of tailsuit
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Tightness of tailsuit  (Read 2092 times)
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« on: April 26, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »

Ok....I've put on at least 10kg from the time I purchased my tailsuit. Now it feels really really tight! I can't take it off by myself, so everytime I have to ask my partner to pull it off me.

So my question is, do you want your tails to be as tight fit as possible or do you want some room to breath? I also find that when I stand up, I appear to have this hump in my shoulder (yes..it feels really tight around the shoulder), so over all it kind of wrecks the posture. Do you think that the over tightness of my tails could be the cause of that?
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:26:59 AM »

My partner wanted his tails to be like a cardigan over loose pants. I work closely together with one of the top tail suit makes in the world and he basically says the same thing. You want the tail coat to "hang" from the shoulders and the pants to hang from the ribcage.

That is just my 2 cents worth.....

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:10:46 AM »

How can you move if it is this tight? Sounds like even with a small weight gain it was snug to begin with. Do you know someone that can let it out for you?
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 12:26:20 AM »

I appear to have this hump in my shoulder (yes..it feels really tight around the shoulder),
Have you checked you posture without the tails? meaning do you perform lots of hours behind a computer? The tails might creep up since you have a bigger chest from your weight gain

Also 10kg is a lot even for a normal suit let alone tails!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:28:13 AM by Vagabond » Logged

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 12:38:11 AM »

Posture is fine without the tail. I don't think it's my posture per se...rather I don't think the tails are sticking to my body nicely, it's kind of bunched up around the shoulder.

Well I have a very small build...I used to weigh only 60kgs..now I'm consistantly around 70kg...I bought my tails over a year ago, when I first competed in open events.
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:39:55 AM »

Well I have a very small build...I used to weigh only 60kgs..now I'm consistantly around 70kg...I bought my tails over a year ago, when I first competed in open events.

Take measures of your chest, shoulders arms (biceps) and look at the sizes used to get the suit, that will provide an answer

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:47:31 AM »

Posture is fine without the tail. I don't think it's my posture per se...rather I don't think the tails are sticking to my body nicely, it's kind of bunched up around the shoulder.

Sorry to say it, but from when you first start dancing to a year into dancing, you body will have changed a lot. A weight gain of 10 kg can make a big difference. You have probably some muscle development where you didn’t have as much muscle tone before. If there is enough fabric to have it let out then go and have that done. If not, you might have to consider getting a new or second hand tails.
Measure yourself as Vagabond says and figure out what you need to do.

Edward Teller
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 12:49:36 AM »

Yea amazing how the body changes when you are still young......
I do get commented that my shoulder and chest has broadened a lot from the past year.

Do you think tailsuits can be easily adjusted across the chest and shoulder?
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 12:51:12 AM »

Now would you ask a butcher what timber you should use to make a table? Go to a tailor? ask them but it has to be one that understands the tail suit

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 01:04:21 AM »

If you decide to have it let out make sure you have a tailor do that is a dance tail suit tailor. There is a very big difference between a normal tailor and a dance tailor. Best of luck!

If you are going to Blackpool and want one of the best tailors in the business to make you a tail suit, let me know. I will be happy to introduce you to him.

Edward Teller
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »

Now would you ask a butcher what timber you should use to make a table?

Shocked

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »

I just measured myself....4inches more around my chest and shoulder! Wow I've really grown!  Grin
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »

whats that in the new money, your not old enough to use the empirical system, metric please  Wink Cheesy

I just measured myself....4inches more around my chest and shoulder! Wow I've really grown!

SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 10:15:32 AM »

LoL yea...what ever 4inches turns out to be. I was too lazy to flip the tape measure around to see what it says on the other side.
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »

And you want to be called a scientist  (LOL) Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: