partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  What is your purse made of?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: What is your purse made of?  (Read 4520 times)
Lioness
Open Gold

« on: April 26, 2009, 04:44:09 AM »

A place to tell us just how many sticks of lipstick you have in your purse  Tongue or, any of the other odd stuff you have in there.

Personally, I carry no lipstick, but for the last couple of days I've been carrying around an English essay-writing handbook and a bag of D&D dice.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:27:34 AM »

well my purse is made from leather....but my handbag has most things in bar the kitchen sink.... 1 lipstick and biros, papers and receipts, membership cards and not much money.... Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 07:13:56 AM »

mine is leather, dark red, large with thick straps.   Its selected to carry my brain around in - thats my notebook.  If its not in my notebook I don't know it...  kitchen sink?  There's also the cooker drawers and my utility closet in it.... more later, this is a subject I can not exhaust ..

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai PiĆ¹ Senza! ~

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 07:38:25 AM »

Leather, its new, soft and smells fantastic and it restricts me from storing more plastic in than necessary. It was a birthday gift from the girl I truly love. And not because she cleans my laundry, does the shopping, cooking, wipes my b.. and dances with me.

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 07:41:35 AM »

You sweet, sweet man.... Kiss

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:51:03 AM »

My purse is black leather and big enough to hold everything I need.

Wallet, sunglasses, Canadian blackberry, US cell phone, notebook with To-Do list, notebook for random things that I'm going to need to remember to do, a wild collection of hotel pens, business cards, some special edition Mary Kay cosmetics that a friend of mine sold to me for competition purposes while trying to convince me to sell for them (hey, I do have a built-in market for the stuff), a button saying "I Curled! At the Nutmeg Curling Club.", a pay cheque from my last gig, a 1GB USB key, my lanyard with a ridiculous number of keys on it, my iPod and car radio receiver...and that's just to start.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:20 AM »

Which purse?  It depends on the situation/time of day.
Currently, I have a small, red, leather jobby, which doesn't hold all I need to, but I have 3 large bags sitting out at home (can't decide which one I want to carry this week).
I am a lipstick and pocketbook junkie.

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:40:29 AM »

Purse is a red leather gucci. real cute. black leather wallet with min plastic inside, leather datebook, license, keys, compact, chapstick, gum

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:53:26 AM »

Ha!  I figured the answer in my DW's case was probably leather, but I had to go look to make sure... She's at work (I'm working from home today; got a major dentist appt coming up at 1130), and I know her everyday purse is leather.  In the closet, she has casual purses and dress purses.  I got a little worried when I saw that most of her casual purses are cloth, but then I noticed that all the cloth ones are animal print, which explains it.  The others are leather.  All of her dress purses are leather except one which appears to be snakeskin.

I make it a point to not look in her purse because the mathematical/philosophical implications scare me.  Her purse is a Tardis; it's larger on the inside than on the outside.  It opens to another dimension, which contains objects not known to exist in this universe.  I know this because every time I look in there, I see something whose manufacture or function I cannot begin to comprehend.  It's absolute proof that quantum mechanics does in fact work at the macro level.  I have often wondered if Hawking knows about this.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 01:00:14 PM »

Black leather but dying and ready to be replaced.  I just carry way too much stuff.  Years ago my father pulled out a suitcase with wheels and told me he found me the pefect purse.  In school I used a carry-on with wheels and handle that I could pull behind me, and got some of the other girls doing the same thing.  At baby and wedding showers when they play the "who has this in their purse" game I almost always win.  Who has a shrunken head in their purse?  I do I do! Do you want red or blonde?

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 01:08:03 PM »

I make it a point to not look in her purse because the mathematical/philosophical implications scare me.  Her purse is a Tardis; it's larger on the inside than on the outside.  It opens to another dimension, which contains objects not known to exist in this universe.  I know this because every time I look in there, I see something whose manufacture or function I cannot begin to comprehend.  It's absolute proof that quantum mechanics does in fact work at the macro level.  I have often wondered if Hawking knows about this.
*dying laughing*  Cornutt, you are awesome.  Thank you for that much needed giggle.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »

I use a tote from one of the competitions I did. I have a few leather handbags, but rarely use them.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »

Ha!  I figured the answer in my DW's case was probably leather, but I had to go look to make sure... She's at work (I'm working from home today; got a major dentist appt coming up at 1130), and I know her everyday purse is leather.  In the closet, she has casual purses and dress purses.  I got a little worried when I saw that most of her casual purses are cloth, but then I noticed that all the cloth ones are animal print, which explains it.  The others are leather.  All of her dress purses are leather except one which appears to be snakeskin.

Hawking?  You might also want to contact Jung - every woman carries several personalities in her purse.  Jung is dead you say?  Not to worry, I'm sure I have a trans-temporal-pscycho-communicater somewhere.  If I could only find it in my purse.... (if it wasn't for that one factor women would have ruled the world  eons ago)...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »

I use a tote from one of the competitions I did. I have a few leather handbags, but rarely use them.

ha! outgrew them eh? Tongue

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 02:32:28 PM »

I have many bottomless purses and a few that are so small a cell phone is too big for them. 
It all depends on my mood!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: