partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 12:24:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Contact during dancing
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Contact during dancing  (Read 8549 times)
ttd
Open Bronze

« on: April 25, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

This came up in another thread. During dancing we might experience contact with body parts someone else termed "undesirable". So what's people take on this? I'm not talking about creeps who'd feel a girl up, I'm talking about accidental contact, or outcome of intentional technique (such as dancing with body contact).

My POV (I'm a follower, btw) is: that a follow who's been dancing for a while won't care if her boobs touch the guy. I'd rather have that then having a guy push me through his arms.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »

Yep, I agree.  Shoot, I don't even notice it anymore.  A guy will apologize and I'll be like, "What?  Why are you apologizing?  What did you do?" LOL...

True story, from early in my dance career: My very first pro was trying to get me to not lean forward in tango.  He told me, "Try not to let your chest rest on mine... *looks down* Uh, never mind."

Ah, the challenges being well-endowed presents, hahahaha....
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »

True story, from early in my dance career: My very first pro was trying to get me to not lean forward in tango.  He told me, "Try not to let your chest rest on mine... *looks down* Uh, never mind."

One of the advantages of dancing with my DW.   Wink  I'm with MC, though, I often don't notice.  Partner dancing means never having to say you're sorry.   Cheesy
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 10:25:42 PM »

Partner dancing means never having to say you're sorry.   Cheesy

nice one... I'm on the small side so the issue never seems to come up.... er, so to speak...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:24:28 PM »

Partner dancing means never having to say you're sorry.   Cheesy

nice one... I'm on the small side so the issue never seems to come up.... er, so to speak...

I'm on the big side when it comes to that yet unnamed body part, so there's no way I can avoid contact there, especially if we're doing body contact, and accidents happen more often with 34DD anyway. By now I don't even care, I'm not sure if I ever did.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 03:46:26 AM »

I have no problems with accidental contact. I don't even notice it unless it's in a step that hasn't ever had contact before, and then I file it away with the list of other steps that occasionally (if DP puts his hand in the wrong place) has contact.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »

I think that ballroom dancing is an up close and personal thing and people should be aware that other body parts are going to be in close contact. Having said that I think that the  women is the one who is charge of this, if she is happy for the body contact to be close she is the one that gives the signal to the man by moving in close.

If she does not then the man knows that he will have to keep a small distance.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 09:28:26 AM »

In a social dance where you might dance with an partner not your life partner  I was referring to the male body part that's why I made the suggestion that we should wear briefs and not boxers. Now us males don't, in general, wear our undies over our head so what male part do you think I might refer to?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:30:17 AM by Vagabond » Logged

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »

In a social dance where you might dance with an partner not your life partner  I was referring to the male body part that's why I made the suggestion that we should wear briefs and not boxers. Now us males don't, in general, wear our undies over our head so what male part do you think I might refer to?

I thought you were referring to the girls boobs (here, I said that word). Besides, since for smooth you're supposed to be offset to the left, a girl should not come in contact with your private packages, which was why I didn't realize you were talking about that are. But personally if it happened by accident, I probably wouldn't even notice.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »

"Talents" in man's "holes" is the contact that I was taught, I strived for in my dancing and now I teach.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »

I am taught (as lady)---put the boob in the hole (special place in the man's ribcage) and keep the assets off!
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 01:05:42 AM »

I think that ballroom dancing is an up close and personal thing and people should be aware that other body parts are going to be in close contact. Having said that I think that the  women is the one who is charge of this,

I halfway agree... if the man does not want to get into body contact (which he may not want to for any number of reasons), the lady should respect that, and not force the issue.
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 01:15:27 AM »

(special place in the man's ribcage)
I discover here new definitions to the human anatomy which I have to introduce to the Universities
I love it, its great a "special place in the man's ribcage" IOW we are made for dancing!

Do I hear Sweden calling?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:17:08 AM by Vagabond » Logged

Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 01:18:51 AM »

the lady should respect that, and not force the issue.
I do not know of many ladies that enforce such attitude upon me  Lips sealed

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 01:38:30 AM »

(special place in the man's ribcage)
I discover here new definitions to the human anatomy which I have to introduce to the Universities
I love it, its great a "special place in the man's ribcage" IOW we are made for dancing!

Do I hear Sweden calling?  Cheesy

Yes, isn't that wonderful. You, men are just perfectly made for dancing. Grin

My teacher was Dutch and he was not shy about telling us a few truths Shocked Shocked Wink Cool

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: