partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116515 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Dancesport organizations (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  What are your National Organization Rules
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are your National Organization Rules  (Read 2005 times)
Rugby
Gold

« on: February 16, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »

I am trying to find out as fast as possible what the rules are in your country for amateurs teaching.  Are you allowed to teach no matter what level you are competing in or do you have to be in the top 6 in Championship in your National Championships to qualify to teach.  Do you have to have tests and so forth and so forth.  We are voting on rules this weekend and I would like to know what other countries are doing.  Thanks for your help.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:45:07 PM »

I've cross posted this onto FB to see if we can draw any input here.  Check the PDO FB page...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 12:54:49 AM »

Thanks ee

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:47:23 AM »

not many takers!

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »

If I am going to try and suggest changes here in Canada it would be good if I could have some examples of what is being done in other countries and if they feel this is successful.  I think I may have to try and go to the National sites and see thier rules.  Who knows, I may be doing all this for nothing, that's what I am afraid of.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »

I heard that ams could teach in the US without any real controls.  It seems they can teach under supervision in Australia - but I'm sure they could feed back...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

sorry guys have been away from the computer for a few days. 

'In Australia you can teach as an am. the options are Assistant coach and you have to do all three styles. you can only keep this level for two years before  you are required to move up to Level 1

If you are an A Grade Dancer you can immediately move to level 1 without doing level O.

You can only do the level 1 in the style that which you are an A grade (Not 100% on that)

There is a document on accreditation that is available from the Dancesport Australia website. I am sure you can find out more information there including the syllabus of the steps each level is expected to know.

We cannot teach without a professional being present.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 03:12:32 AM »

So how does payment work?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 03:59:38 AM »

well dont know about that yet as I dont get paid. we have to do a certain amount of hours in our training (would be in the accreditation manual). I will find out about that

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 04:29:41 AM »

well dont know about that yet as I dont get paid. we have to do a certain amount of hours in our training (would be in the accreditation manual). I will find out about that

Wait a mo.  So you do it for free?  But i assume the student pays so who gets that - the pro?  No wonder ams can teach in Australia!!

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »

but that is while we are a probaitonary coach. you have to do hours toward your accreditation. But I am sure all the rules relating to Am are on the Dancesport Australia Website

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 12:13:38 AM »

and once you are accredited can you teach, earn and still be an amateur?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »

and once you are accredited can you teach, earn and still be an amateur?

http://www.dancesport.org.au/images/stories/national/accreditation/pdf/accreditationprogramh8.pdf  I have attached the PDF with the details.

refer to page 8 & 9 plus below

"Coach Accreditation equivalent to Level 1 is the highest permitted whilst remaining a participant In the Amateur Division of Competition and will be termed “Assistant Coach”

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 04:26:00 AM »

Thanks for the feedback but right now there is strong opposition in Canada though things may be changing down the road.  They don't want to go into it full out and suffer the problems they are having in the States.  Of course it isn't good to go too much the other way either and have nobody.  Only 100 amateurs have been allowed to teach in Canada and of those only 30 have wanted to do so.  And that is in a country that is the size of Canada.  As usual the Pros are more interested in their pocket book then they are in dancing.  They would rather have the franchise studios turn out extremely sub standard teachers to teach rather than having high level competitors.  If you have won your way through Gold you are already better than 95% of the teachers out there so it all comes down to not the argument of quality nor even quantity of teachers but rather keeping the competition for the money away.   

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: