partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:41:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Trust -- the essential ingredient in partner dance?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trust -- the essential ingredient in partner dance?  (Read 272 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« on: July 23, 2013, 08:38:26 AM »

I was just watching the death spiral video again when it occurred to me, "That lady completely and totally trusts that her partner is going to throw her into something called a "death spiral" and get her out safely.  Otherwise, she'd never be able to do it."

So I thought about starting a thread on dips and drops (which I probably will ...) but then I thought about the deeper issue.

Trust.   It's obvious, with this drop move, that trust is required.  But I wonder how many much more subtle ways trust affects our ability to dance.

Question:  Do you think trust plays a role in everyday dance patterns, at any level?  Do you think that higher level dancing requires more trust or maybe less?  Have you ever come across a situation where you believe trust enhanced your dancing or the lack thereof hurt your dancing (literally or figuratively?)

Do you think it's possible to dance well without trust?

IOW please discuss. Cool

Dona nobis pacem.
Spiral
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 05:56:36 AM »

Do you think it's possible to dance well without trust?

I don't think it's impossible, but it would be very hard. I think you would need to have a lot of trust in yourself to be able to dance with someone you don't trust.

To thy self dance true --elisedance
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: