partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 12:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dances - beginners, social and syllabus (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Tango (ballroom)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Tango (ballroom)  (Read 8354 times)
ahowlett1
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »

Telespins are commonly danced from a same foot lunge position, from which the man will dance and open heel pivot.

I suggest you check the book though.
catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2010, 10:52:29 PM »

thanks again ahowlett. yes I am dancing the telespin from this same foot lunge position . from a corner moving diagonal to centre in PP I have to produce the lunge. We have worked on this movement for several months now but our balance at the end of the pivot is hit and miss. I have checked where the Hearn book can be found.
ahowlett1
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »

Ah.. Then that would suggest that the man is stepping side ways out of it. The man should feel he steps backwards on to his left foot and then turn.This is to complement the lady's action. She should step LF fwd on 1, RF fwd, ending Back and slightly side.
catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2010, 08:44:36 PM »

Can anyone describe the lead for a drop lock in tango
GoldStar
pre-bronze

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »

The most important as I see it till now is the Stacato..
I don't know how to write it..

but I mean.. the fact that you should have a break between the steps.

Of curse the posture and poist.. your kness bending and the weight is in the center of the foot not in the balls of the foot like the weing dances.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2010, 04:22:29 AM »

nicely put GS.  Its so hard to resist the urge to swing through.  I've found that turning your foot in the direction of the next step really helps too as it stops you pivoting after landing and keeps you grounded.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »

nicely put GS.  Its so hard to resist the urge to swing through.  I've found that turning your foot in the direction of the next step really helps too as it stops you pivoting after landing and keeps you grounded.
You mean like when walking?   Cool Tongue
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »

Yes indeed.  Shoot, its been done before has it? Roll Eyes

But we that flight in tango is also helepd by relaxing the knees a bit - which is not like walking.  Indeed if tango and forxtrot are both just like walking why are they not identical?

dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »

Omg! How much I love dancing Tango??
I missed it so much.
dlgodud
Open Bronze

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »

Is there any CBM in tango??
I had a lesson last night and the instructor told me not to move my hip, but use the left side of my torso stretched as much as possible. But, the position that I took looked like 'positive CBM'. I don't know if this is correct term.
I am not sure I explain clearly enough, but once I started doing what he asked, I thought I equipped a fire engine in my body. The moves became so quick, clear, and easier. He did not teach any choreography, but I could follow him very well.
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »

Indeed if tango and forxtrot are both just like walking why are they not identical?
The for the difference, I believe, is because the music you're playing with is different.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2010, 07:00:17 PM »

Sorry, I don't buy it.  You can tango to foxtrot and you can foxtrot to tango, that was a too convenient an answer.

Besides, the implication is that one can only do one dance to each piece of music.  That is absurd.

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2010, 04:36:51 AM »

Sorry, I don't buy it.  You can tango to foxtrot and you can foxtrot to tango, that was a too convenient an answer.

Besides, the implication is that one can only do one dance to each piece of music.  That is absurd.
True.  You can Foxtrot to Tango if that's how you want to play with the music.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2010, 05:06:43 AM »

But then each are more than just walking.  They are at least a mindset...  But what do you call that?

ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2010, 08:08:46 AM »

Indeed if tango and forxtrot are both just like walking why are they not identical?

Because they are not identical to walking? they may hold elements of walking within the steps, but are not walking, otherwise everyone would be dancing! The way i see it is that the dances are first based upon the idea of walking then elements which make the dance its own are added to create a separate and different dance. I think also when SG says walking, this holds an imaginative quality to it also, whereby you try to create movement in a walking style within the constraints of the basic principles you already know about the dance. Am i on the right track?

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: