partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2015, 09:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116978 Posts in 1874 Topics by 226 Members
Latest Member: Dance20Grit
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Saying no to a dance --faux pas or forgivable?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Saying no to a dance --faux pas or forgivable?  (Read 6263 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »

The injuries that stopped me dancing were - - - - to my partner's resolve Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
sandralw
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »

My rule of thumb has always been that if (as lady) I really don't wish to dance with someone I will politely refuse and after must sit out the entire dance.  I would never say no to someone and then go dance the same dance with someone else, unless I had previously promised that specific dance to someone else and said so.  It would be like a slap in the face.  Very rude.   
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2015, 08:41:01 AM »

My rule of thumb has always been that if (as lady) I really don't wish to dance with someone I will politely refuse and after must sit out the entire dance.  I would never say no to someone and then go dance the same dance with someone else, unless I had previously promised that specific dance to someone else and said so.  It would be like a slap in the face.  Very rude.   

Agreed, I have been asked on several occasion but explain that I am waiting for my husband, some of them are not happy with that. We often have dances here that are progressives and find that very challenging as  alot of people cant dance in time and try to chaises waltz and it is just awful, so I am getting fussy Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
sandralw
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »

I normally don't do progressives unless they are really short ladies (which rarely ever happens) to give those with no partners and would sit out a lot of the dances a chance to dance more.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2015, 03:10:08 AM »

I normally don't do progressives unless they are really short ladies (which rarely ever happens) to give those with no partners and would sit out a lot of the dances a chance to dance more.

Yes me too but sometimes they see me just sitting down on my own and come up and ask me for a dance. So try to make sure that I am wandering as well less of a target Cheesy

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: