partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 10:30:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116457 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Your Dancing Goals
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Print
Author Topic: Your Dancing Goals  (Read 18360 times)
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »

To do a good job with new open standard choreography.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2011, 01:51:56 AM »

Well that seems a very reachable goal.  My goals tend to be more in the 'dream' catabory Grin Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2011, 11:44:36 AM »

Well that seems a very reachable goal.  My goals tend to be more in the 'dream' catabory Grin Tongue
I think I've more or less come to a conclusion that long-term 'dream' (aka unreachable) goals do not work for me. For example, I could dream all I want about being as good as Alessia or Katusha. And then I see the difference between them and me, and realize how big and insurmountable that difference is, and that just sets me up for disappointment.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2011, 11:33:14 AM »

I beleive that goals should be taking small steps one at a time and them working up to the big picture. visualise the big picture but building it up in smaller pieces is more achievable and less daunting....If you trained as much as they do I am sure you could be the same.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #319 on: September 25, 2011, 03:45:02 AM »

I think I've more or less come to a conclusion that long-term 'dream' (aka unreachable) goals do not work for me. For example, I could dream all I want about being as good as Alessia or Katusha. And then I see the difference between them and me, and realize how big and insurmountable that difference is, and that just sets me up for disappointment.
thats very reasonable - but its not what I do.  When I start anything I don't dream of being great at it I believe I'm destined to be.  I suppose its sounds arrogant but its whats led me to do things that others would never try and its just how I am built.  Tiresome for those around me too perhaps but what a ride of passion! 

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2011, 04:36:05 AM »

I am trying to figure out <Connection>..see my FB status....

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2011, 04:52:52 AM »

I'm not sure everyone here is on FB BTM...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2011, 06:10:22 AM »

I'm not sure everyone here is on FB BTM...

well if anyone asks i will put the post here as well..... Smiley

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2012, 12:26:15 AM »

to attempt to get past the 1st round in blackpool. I hear it is very competative so that is my aim for 2012

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2012, 03:58:32 AM »

Not stopping.

pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2012, 08:31:02 AM »

Maintain my upper body/head presentation & position in ballroom, for an entire round!! (it looks great for a few bars and then blah!!!)

(Any suggestion on how to improve this with lone practice greatly appreciated!!!)

Oh and improve my fitness so I don't think I am going to pass out after 30s of jive! Somewhat easier to fix than above.

Dance like you're going to fall over
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2012, 10:49:39 AM »

Maintain my upper body/head presentation & position in ballroom, for an entire round!! (it looks great for a few bars and then blah!!!)

me too Undecided  I think there has to be a way of dancing where the right position also feels like the most effective and natural one.  Then there will not be any learning to do.

I think I am getting closer to this with my new coach...

pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »

I think it is a never ending quest........ Roll Eyes

Dance like you're going to fall over
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2012, 03:30:21 AM »

(Any suggestion on how to improve this with lone practice greatly appreciated!!!)

Oh and improve my fitness so I don't think I am going to pass out after 30s of jive! Somewhat easier to fix than above.

I think this is one of the the things we all have to work on. each time you do it and become aware that you have dropped the bal (so to speak) pick it up and make it last longer....

We always start our practice on our own and I make sure that my head is in line with my shoulder and projecting to the third balcony Cheesy

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2012, 05:13:14 AM »

I think this is one of the the things we all have to work on. each time you do it and become aware that you have dropped the bal (so to speak) pick it up and make it last longer....

We always start our practice on our own and I make sure that my head is in line with my shoulder and projecting to the third balcony Cheesy

Hey, Alice (in wonderland) would have been an amazing ballroom dancer, at least after she drank the potion!

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: