partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Getting in 'The Zone' or 'the flow' for a sublime performance
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting in 'The Zone' or 'the flow' for a sublime performance  (Read 207 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: June 25, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »

This springs from MZ's post on getting motivated - but is a much more general (and maybe interesting) subject that is relevant for all performance.  The zone is a state of mind where you are completely into what you are doing and it becomes effortless and - yes, beautiful, whether thats dancing blackpool finals, skiing a slalom or playing the Beethoven violin concerto.  We recognize when others are there because their performance becomes sublime and connects to our own core (maybe we go into a witness zone of sorts too).

As I am scheduled to give a vioin performance (not till october/november) and I'm rather susceptible to performance anxiety I've been reading about this on the web and it seems there is no one way to get there - the best I can see is that its individual.  But there are things you can do to help that probably depend precisely on the type of anxiety you suffer from.

Have you experienced 'the zone'?  Do you have a way to get there or know of things you can do to help?  What things work against you?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: