partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 08:12:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116183 Posts in 1853 Topics by 220 Members
Latest Member: elam63
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Training - How is it going?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Training - How is it going?  (Read 11261 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 09:50:36 AM »

the joys of being a minor Sad....well  I will see what I can do...but I can tell you I am still undoing the damage that I learnt all those years ago. I just wish I had good instruction from the start, would make my life easier now.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »

Have one of my remaining credited lessons with the soon-to-be former pro.  I'm still not sure how to break it to him that I won't be taking lessons with him any more once this batch is finished. Sad  I'm also not sure where/if I'm going to be dancing beyond this point.

Ahh...I love having life as a question mark.  Lips sealed

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 07:24:11 PM »

we had our last lesson last night before we go on holidays.  No more serious dancing for 5 weeks.  Time to sit back and relax and have some fun on the ship we are cruising on.  There will be 8 of us going all dancers so it should be a lot of fun. 
We had an excellent lesson - just ran through a few new vogue arms and changed the beginning of our tango.  Very relaxed lesson. Smiley - this time next week we will be in London. Cheesy - mummsie
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 10:04:11 PM »

Don't give up dancing Medira.  Even if you just took a lesson now and then to keep yourself going.  Are you still looking for dancepartner?

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »

we had our last lesson last night before we go on holidays.  No more serious dancing for 5 weeks.  Time to sit back and relax and have some fun on the ship we are cruising on.  There will be 8 of us going all dancers so it should be a lot of fun. 
We had an excellent lesson - just ran through a few new vogue arms and changed the beginning of our tango.  Very relaxed lesson. Smiley - this time next week we will be in London. Cheesy - mummsie

Bon voyage...have a wonderful time and don't forget to give us a full report on your return. Cheesy

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 09:07:53 AM »

Have one of my remaining credited lessons with the soon-to-be former pro.  I'm still not sure how to break it to him that I won't be taking lessons with him any more once this batch is finished. Sad  I'm also not sure where/if I'm going to be dancing beyond this point.

Ahh...I love having life as a question mark.  Lips sealed

Life can certainly throw things up that we dont always expect.... i hope it works out for you....

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 09:22:19 AM »

I need to take a couple of weeks off of classes to relax and destress. I am getting so frustrated with coach, and also at mum who wont take us to other studios because she thinks that the sun shines out of this one's nether regions.

I will have to try and speak with your mother...Pehaps she will listen to me. In a casual way of course.
better be careful - you could make the situation worse as you would then reveal that L had raised the issue outside her family.  I suggest you leave it be - but its L's call...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 10:17:24 AM »

I need to take a couple of weeks off of classes to relax and destress. I am getting so frustrated with coach, and also at mum who wont take us to other studios because she thinks that the sun shines out of this one's nether regions.

I will have to try and speak with your mother...Pehaps she will listen to me. In a casual way of course.
better be careful - you could make the situation worse as you would then reveal that L had raised the issue outside her family.  I suggest you leave it be - but its L's call...

I would only ever do that with great sensitivity.. I would never comprise someone...that is not my style. I have always been told I should be a diplomat....I know her mother for several years now....

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 09:20:17 AM »

We had a good training session. concentrated on small things trying to perfect the arms, softening them, sharpening the foot work and the Heads!, feel like I am winning small steps.....

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 02:04:05 PM »

DP had his first lesson with coach (I've been taking for about a month now).   We worked mostly on establishing frame and contact - one of those changes that feel weird and make you dance funny - but you know is great for the long term.  Most important I think he really liked and appreciated the lesson.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »

DP and I had four hard hours of lessons on the weekend.  Both coaches really pushed us but that was fine with us.  In latin we finally got the trick moves down so that we can do them on time, keep my feet from leaving the floor (or me hitting it), and looking not too bad.  Both coaches are picky and really drove the details.  The standard coach has us doing a couple of lines that he and his partner use in their showcases.  Both of them checked it out to see if we were capabel and are happy with how we are doing them so far.     

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »

DP and I had four hard hours of lessons on the weekend.  Both coaches really pushed us but that was fine with us.  In latin we finally got the trick moves down so that we can do them on time, keep my feet from leaving the floor (or me hitting it), and looking not too bad.  Both coaches are picky and really drove the details.  The standard coach has us doing a couple of lines that he and his partner use in their showcases.  Both of them checked it out to see if we were capabel and are happy with how we are doing them so far.     

Well done Rugby.. You must put something up for us to see when you have an opportunity

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 11:22:03 PM »

I would love to go to a week-end workshop....I will  have to speak with one coach and see what can be done. Lessons during the day and dance for the evening.  that would be a hoot.

Dance Forum
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »

Don't give up dancing Medira.  Even if you just took a lesson now and then to keep yourself going.  Are you still looking for dancepartner?

Oh yes.  It's been a 3 1/2 year long search so far, but it's still going.

I have a couple of options that I'm considering, just to keep myself in it, but it's all going to depend on where I end up working.  ....red tape and politics...don't you just love it? *rolls eyes*

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »

[catsmeow - in case you are wondering where your question went - it ran over on its non-standing leg to the advanced ballroom board!! Smiley]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: