partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 07:10:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Rating social dance events
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rating social dance events  (Read 278 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« on: June 16, 2013, 05:35:51 AM »

I was at a really good dance event informational site (salsa travel advisor) today, looking for stuff, when I scrolled down and realized that they have a rating scale, similar to what ttd suggested in another thread for ballroom competitions.  It included:

Overall rating
Venue
Parties
Workshops
Dance Floor
Shows
Organization

Each was on a five star scale.  Some events got fantastic ratings; others not so much.  Then I looked more closely and realized that the categories for ratings really wouldn't make sense unless you were talking about a strictly social dance (such as salsa,bachata, zouk,etc,that this site covers) and an event such as a workshop, intensive or competition.

This led me to wonder.  When you are picking dance events to attend,what things are important to you?  '

For example,to me, male to female ratio is extremely important.  So is price or value for the money. Location is another.

If you have a limited time or money budget for dance events, what makes you pick oneover the other? And why?

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: