partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:24:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Rental and/or resale costumes? Words to the wise
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Rental and/or resale costumes? Words to the wise  (Read 1479 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 05:34:14 AM »

Trouble is generally people don't take very good care of rental anything.  Thus, you may loose the value of the dress after one or two rentals - which would hardly cover it.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 06:06:45 PM »

Trouble is generally people don't take very good care of rental anything.  Thus, you may loose the value of the dress after one or two rentals - which would hardly cover it.
Hasn't been my experience with renting dresses. The ladies who rented mine but didn't buy them were very careful with them. Local dance community is not that big, and if someone rented a dress and wasn't careful with it, people would hear about it and wouldn't rent to that person, I suppose. I certainly would have told everyone and especially the owner of the studio who organizes the dress try-on, that so-and-so messed up my dress if it happened. Besides, a dress loses value every time you wear it anyway, and unless you got a resale when it reached a "steal" status, you'd never be able to sell it for what you paid for it.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 09:16:37 PM »

Hasn't been my experience with renting dresses. The ladies who rented mine but didn't buy them were very careful with them. Local dance community is not that big, and if someone rented a dress and wasn't careful with it, people would hear about it and wouldn't rent to that person, I suppose. I certainly would have told everyone and especially the owner of the studio who organizes the dress try-on, that so-and-so messed up my dress if it happened. Besides, a dress loses value every time you wear it anyway, and unless you got a resale when it reached a "steal" status, you'd never be able to sell it for what you paid for it.
That's good news.  I guess it would be a good idea to have spare sparkles for them to patch each time it comes back.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 12:24:58 AM »

That's good news.  I guess it would be a good idea to have spare sparkles for them to patch each time it comes back.
You mean you don't already have them on hand to fix up the dress after you wore it yourself?
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 08:30:58 AM »

I have lots of sparkles  so I can repair them after each event.....I just did so for my neck band that lost plenty... but i will try rental of my dresses I have a better chance of recouping my money than trying to sell them.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: