partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Learning routines?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Learning routines?  (Read 4996 times)
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »

The only reason he wouldn't be up for it is if he's not confident that he can lead it.  Otherwise, why on earth would he not want to have an amazing connection?
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »

The only reason he wouldn't be up for it is if he's not confident that he can lead it.  Otherwise, why on earth would he not want to have an amazing connection?
He's definitely up for it - I'm his most advanced student I think and recently returned to him - the best flattery a follower can have is when the lead tries to find out what he can do - basically struts his stuff.  He does that with me - which is a big reason to stay with him Wink  However, he is hard wired to believe that each partner has to learn their part.  What he does not realize is that the parts are very different and its going to take a while to train him Grin

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »

What he does not realize is that the parts are very different and its going to take a while to train him Grin

There are many men that are top dancers and doesn't know there is a difference between men and women Wink I am not sure how they can think we are and do the same Shocked Smiley

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 07:17:47 PM »

What he does not realize is that the parts are very different and its going to take a while to train him Grin

There are many men that are top dancers and doesn't know there is a difference between men and women Wink I am not sure how they can think we are and do the same Shocked Smiley

DSV

Yes, imagine if we insisted on doing the same in other aspects of our relationships... Roll Eyes Grin

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »

DSV

Yes, imagine if we insisted on doing the same in other aspects of our relationships... Roll Eyes Grin

I agree....that is why I don't understand many men doesn't understand that there is a difference... Shocked

Edward Teller
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »

LOL!!! 
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »

We discussed it today - and he listened and thats how we are proceeding.  Outcome?  we got a long and short side of waltz done in one hour.  This is how I learn!!!  I can dance it reliably - and although I recognize some steps when I do them, I really don't have a clue what the step sequence is.  My kinda routine!

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »

We discussed it today - and he listened and thats how we are proceeding.  Outcome?  we got a long and short side of waltz done in one hour.  This is how I learn!!!  I can dance it reliably - and although I recognize some steps when I do them, I really don't have a clue what the step sequence is.  My kinda routine!

How wonderful to read this..... Grin

DSV

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 08:05:41 PM »

How wonderful to read this..... Grin

DSV
Its so liberating DSV - I've never had the luxury to do this before.  I think that DPro is enjoying it too - I'm definitely his only 'student' that could do it and he's starting to really have fun. 

Actually, this may save my dancing - and I'm not exaggerating, quitting was on my mind...

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »

I agree...it is liberating to dance this way. I am glad you got to experience this and are enjoying it.

DSV

Edward Teller
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »

Yay! Good to hear Elise!  There are times when quantal shifts like these save us from quitting.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »

When I was watching some fairly high level competition dancing (vintage Blackpool) over weekend, I realized how important it is to learn mini-sequences, not just complete routines.  It was like a feeding frenzy -- lots of couples clustered in one area or another.  They'd have been in sad shape, indeed, if they were loked into doing a certain group of patterns.  Flexibiity was a huge benefit, for the couples that had it.   Others stayed blocked.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »

When I was watching some fairly high level competition dancing (vintage Blackpool) over weekend, I realized how important it is to learn mini-sequences, not just complete routines. 
Right on!  The more mini the better.  Eventually you just dance and neither partner thinks about what. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: