partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dances - beginners, social and syllabus (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Dancing With the Stars at Sea
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars at Sea  (Read 374 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« on: May 09, 2013, 06:13:19 AM »

I can't believe there's no DWTS topic here, or if there is, I can't find it.  Please feel free to merge, if I just missed something.

Check out this ad I got in facebook just now.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=DWTS&WT.mc_id=PPC_HQ_Google_US

Dancing with the Stars at Sea -- Holland America Cruise Lines has five cruises scheduled this year and next that will feature dance pros, including some from the TV show.  Cruise passengers will have the chance to participate in a pro-am competition, leading up to a championship on the last cruise next year.

How cheesy!  I foresee lots of people pursuing dance fantasies. 

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:49:25 AM »

Cute - what a nice alternative to standard pro-am competition.  But its still very much for the rich and well to do.

I wonder if anyone has ever had an all-amateur 'pro-am' where the 'pros' are advanced AMs and the AMs beginners - sort of a (am) championship-syllabus heat.  That could be entirely free...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »

Cute - what a nice alternative to standard pro-am competition.  But its still very much for the rich and well to do.

Maybe, but, from what I remember, Holland America is a pretty moderately priced cruise line.  These dance cruises might be at a premium, but I wouldn't assume that this is only for the wealthy.  I'll check prices when I get a chance.

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »

I've only ever done Caribbean cruises, so I checked the prices on those.  Pretty typical -- $800 - $2300 for a week, depending on the location of your cabin.  IOW, DWTS notwithstanding, they're not charging much, if any, more than your usual Caribbean cruise.

The New England/Canada cruise features Chelsea Hightower and Mark Ballas.  Hmm.   Cool
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:16:38 PM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:35:04 AM »

Oops.  Looks  like I misunderstood.  Every Holland America cruise will have a mini DWTS st Sea competition which will lead up to the final in 2014.  Finalists and one guest will get a free one-week cruise.

Those five selected cruise dates  will have DWTS pro shows, photo ops, etc.

This is looking better by the minute! Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »

Oops.  Looks  like I misunderstood.  Every Holland America cruise will have a mini DWTS st Sea competition which will lead up to the final in 2014.  Finalists and one guest will get a free one-week cruise.

Those five selected cruise dates  will have DWTS pro shows, photo ops, etc.

This is looking better by the minute! Smiley
indeed, tempting... do you have to bring your own pro?  that would be expensive....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 04:57:47 PM »

I'll have to check the fine print, but, from what I've read so far, I don't think you need to bring a pro.  I'll read a bit more then check back in.

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: