partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 04:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Your Dancing Goals
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Print
Author Topic: Your Dancing Goals  (Read 17571 times)
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2012, 07:10:08 AM »

Pure Technique

"f you asked Sergei over there he would give you a different answer. He was a dancer with the Bolshoi until his leg was crushed in a car accident. He lived to dance. He would say “No. Tango music is not Tchaikovsky or Prokofiev or Stravinsky; it is folk music, except Piazzolla and maybe a little of Pugliese. Sergei is not interested in the women he dances with, though they flock to dance with him. He is only interested in moving to the music. He will tell you that to be a good dancer you have to have pure technique."

from this blog

http://tangoreplicantnexus6.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/12/

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2012, 07:32:58 AM »

I think we have to define 'good'.  Good could be able to dance with any woman and look terrific.  That might be achieved by technique alone.  But if good is expressive, emotional and artistic, I don't think any amount of technique will get you even a second glance.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2012, 08:15:15 AM »

having come back from Eruope and particpating in several comps, I see that our dancing goal is to move higher up the ranks in Australia become more consistent in our dancing.

this will then assist us to increase in the ranks on an international scale.

but most of all consistency.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2012, 09:20:57 PM »

We were stunned by the high standard in Europe ... what did you guys think?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2012, 08:40:32 AM »

We were stunned by the high standard in Europe ... what did you guys think?

yes they were excellant and I think it is all that compeition on their door step... they can go somewhere every week-end if they want, I am sure they are picky as to which they go to, but they have dancing at their feet and that has to help.

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »

currently I am working on completing our comp which is the Easter week-end without too many injuries.... Shocked

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2013, 04:25:51 AM »

currently I am working on completing our comp which is the Easter week-end without too many injuries.... Shocked
you get injuries while organizing too??

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »

mental ones!.. doing all the back-end work for this comp program , promotion, organizing the ball tickets, catering....and training etc.... then they ask if I can take on another job! Angry

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2013, 03:59:40 AM »

mental ones!.. doing all the back-end work for this comp program , promotion, organizing the ball tickets, catering....and training etc.... then they ask if I can take on another job! Angry

Too often people take advantage of those that are most generous.  Does anyone make money from this competition?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2013, 07:56:11 AM »

Too often people take advantage of those that are most generous.  Does anyone make money from this competition?

No it is a not for profit group so all the monies go to running comps. no-one profits from them.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

No it is a not for profit group so all the monies go to running comps. no-one profits from them.
thats good - and I hope you get full credit for your work too.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #341 on: April 15, 2013, 02:34:22 AM »

So glad there are people lie yourself QPO that are willing to take on these tasks to help promote Ballroom dancing. 

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #342 on: May 15, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »

Pure Technique

"f you asked Sergei over there he would give you a different answer. He was a dancer with the Bolshoi until his leg was crushed in a car accident. He lived to dance. He would say “No. Tango music is not Tchaikovsky or Prokofiev or Stravinsky; it is folk music, except Piazzolla and maybe a little of Pugliese. Sergei is not interested in the women he dances with, though they flock to dance with him. He is only interested in moving to the music. He will tell you that to be a good dancer you have to have pure technique."

from this blog

http://tangoreplicantnexus6.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/12/

Kind of interesting. I guess I can agree with pure technique as a goal, if pure technique means technique that is so well ingrained that it's become part of me and I don't have to think about it anymore.

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: