partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:03:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Another newcomer
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another newcomer  (Read 1018 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« on: May 02, 2013, 01:27:35 PM »

Hi all.  I must say that I feel wasteful to start a thread of my very own, but it seems to be the tradition, here, and I'm all for wholesome traditions.  Smiley

I am new to partnerdanceonline; I only just discovered it a month or two ago.  I am not new to partner dance, though.  I grew up in a house full of music and dance.  Music was everything from the blues grandmom liked to opera my Dad listened to, to rock, R&B, folk music, pop, that my siblings and I listened to.  And dance came along for the ride.  So there's probably not much I haven't attempted, in the realm of partner dance.  I'm better at some dances than others.  I do social ballroom dance  (all the American style social dances) and have dabbled in competitive pro-am, I do some salsa, some hustle, some swing, some C&W and line dance.  I'll try pretty much any type of dance at least once.  You name it; I've tried it.  I haven't been as active in ballroom lately (for family and financial reasons) but I am starting back at private lessons as we speak.  I am also starting a love affair with Argentine tango and two more -- one with lindy hop and another with WCS on the side.  

I look forward to getting to know you all.  From what I have read so far, this is a wonderfully open and welcoming community.  Thank you for allowing me to join in.  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:56:30 PM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »

Welcome again Smiley  As said things are a little slow so it may take a while for the gang to cotton on - but they will.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

Thanks again.  Smiley  It's probably just as well if people take a while to respond.  There's a lot of information for me to read through, here.  I'm trying to take it one sub-forum at a time, but it's still a lot. You have a really valuable resource here.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:11 PM »

Its almost bottomless: think of sailing over the Marianas trench! Roll Eyes

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 05:55:06 AM »

Hello again, yest there are regulars but would welcome some more newbies to keep discussions moving.....look forward to reading your posts

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:26:15 AM »

Hello again, yest there are regulars but would welcome some more newbies to keep discussions moving.....look forward to reading your posts
Hey Q, we're new here too, least we were when PDO started... Tongue

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »

Thanks.  I'm having a blast reading through older threads.  Cool

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »

I'm in Toronto canada P13 (there you got a code name!) and Q is in Melbourne Australie - so we have the world covered already!  I'm guessing you are in the states somewhere but curious which region...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 11:48:42 AM »

I am currently in Central Texas, USA.

Would be nice is there were some PDOofers (Did I spell that right?  Grin)  on the East and/or West Coasts of the US, as well as the Midwest, though.  There are very active ballroom and other dance scenes in all three places.  It would be nice if those people were represented.   Oh well.  Where there's life, there' hope. Smiley

ETA:  And oh yeah. Thanks for the code name. It's nice to be official. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:19:08 PM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 09:56:13 PM »

yes there are active university teams I believe and it is not so strong in our direction....we have two universities in our city (Adelaide) and those going there that do dance have started a society but don't action it.

They are happy to be part of something but not drive it...... it would be interesting to hear who drives the US groups students or others.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
millitiz
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 06:23:58 AM »

Would be nice is there were some PDOofers (Did I spell that right?  Grin)  on the East and/or West Coasts of the US, as well as the Midwest, though.  There are very active ballroom and other dance scenes in all three places.  It would be nice if those people were represented.   Oh well.  Where there's life, there' hope. Smiley

Well, my partner and I were in Midwest Cheesy. Wisconsin, Madison to be accurate.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 07:48:59 AM »

Would be nice is there were some PDOofers (Did I spell that right?  Grin)  on the East and/or West Coasts of the US, as well as the Midwest, though.  There are very active ballroom and other dance scenes in all three places.  It would be nice if those people were represented.   Oh well.  Where there's life, there' hope. Smiley

Well, my partner and I were in Midwest Cheesy. Wisconsin, Madison to be accurate.

Hi there MZ Smiley

millitiz
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »

Hi, ee Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: