partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:50:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116183 Posts in 1853 Topics by 220 Members
Latest Member: elam63
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Dancesport organizations (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Rules have Changed in Australia as of the 1st January
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Rules have Changed in Australia as of the 1st January  (Read 1059 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« on: November 24, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »

We have just received advise that some rules will change as of the 1st January 2013.

13.4 Most significantly that National Championships will no longer be instant elevation to the next level. You will now only receive 3 points if you win. With 7 National championships you could go from the lowest level to the highest in one year. And that might seem flattering but no all competitions are well fielded and that can also be to your detriment.

11.2 They are introducing  officially a Masters III category both couples must be over 60.

11.2 Youth
Older partner must be under 21 and at least 16 years of age. Younger partner must not be less than 12 years of age.

Competitor Registration
Clause 8.14 The following competitors are exempt from registration.
Participants in Professional/Amateur Events
The effect of this proposals is that competitors in Professional/Amateur events would be required to be a registered by DSA in order to participate at such events run at DSA registered competitions championships.

New Vogue

Rule 13.4 Relative to both Competitions and Championship
Level 5 and Open events
Mixed levels events which included Level 5 Youth, Adult Masters 1, Masters 2 divisions and Professional events:
are permitted a reasonable relaxation of hold for the purposes of style and expression. The Technique i.e  alignment, timing, position of feet, amount of turn etc.) must be maintain in all instances.
The purpose of this proposal is simply to relive the perception of ambiguity which exists between the 2 documents

Not sure who this will effect participation.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »

Sounds progressive...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »

We better do something here and soon.  The recent WDSF competition in Toronto was poorly attended and so there will be not much if any bursaries given out this year to the Elite dancers.  Of course if we could use this money to promote dancing and filling up the lower levels I think it would be money wiser spent and we perhaps would have competitiors to attend these competitions.   

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »

We better do something here and soon.  The recent WDSF competition in Toronto was poorly attended and so there will be not much if any bursaries given out this year to the Elite dancers.  Of course if we could use this money to promote dancing and filling up the lower levels I think it would be money wiser spent and we perhaps would have competitiors to attend these competitions.   

yes it is time to spend time on the grass roots and building up from the ground, especially for sport survival....perhaps a talent identification program

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:03:56 AM »

Perhaps the problem is that for some people its really not about the sport at all - its about being a successful groupie.

OTOH the presence of star dancers in a dance community are a key way to recruit talent and interest in themselves so there are two sides to the argument.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 08:43:34 AM »

Perhaps the problem is that for some people its really not about the sport at all - its about being a successful groupie.

OTOH the presence of star dancers in a dance community are a key way to recruit talent and interest in themselves so there are two sides to the argument.

yes we are currently looking at a local celebrity to assist with promoting dance

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 03:14:14 AM »

yes we are currently looking at a local celebrity to assist with promoting dance
any-old-celebrity - or a dance celebrity? 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »

any-old-celebrity - or a dance celebrity? 

no someone outside of dance, so they can blog their journey into dance? but there are restrictions as you would need to pick someone who does not have any ties to sponsors

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 04:18:12 AM »

that might be hard!  How about Kerry the Kangaroo?  No endorsements yet... Tongue

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 01:26:12 AM »

that might be hard!  How about Kerry the Kangaroo?  No endorsements yet... Tongue

never heard of that one!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 03:59:09 AM »

He does a dazzling one-step...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 12:24:20 AM »

He does a dazzling one-step...

well that is good to hear. Might be able to learn from them Tongue

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 03:08:16 AM »

Also world champion Lindy Hop..

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »

We have some new rule changes too.  I will post them but will do it on my computer that is easier to type on.  On this one the mouse changes so that as I am typing the words or part of a word will jump up into another line so it is a pain in the butt.  You have to keep checking and fixing it as you go.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »

obviously not a lab mouse but a wild type...

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: