partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 06:29:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  Aussies 2012
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Aussies 2012  (Read 2415 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »

1.   Benedetto Ferruggia - Claudia K√∂hler   Germany   34
2.   Emanuel Valeri - Tania Kehlet   Denmark   25
3.   Simone Segatori - Annette Sudol   Germany   35
4.   Dmitry Zharkov - Olga Kulikova   Russian Federation   66
5.   Sergei Konovaltsev - Olga Konovaltseva   Russian Federation   65
6.   Evgeny Moshenin - Genny Favero   Italy   43

Fabulous final

I hope the winners will now  turn professional Cheesy go out on a high.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:42:04 AM by QPO » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »

thanks Q - nice to see the canadians in the semis, bit disappointed they did not make the finals....  and the top Aussies did not compete??

Did you look at the judges?  I didn't notice any well known names but maybe I missed some?

they are using some locals. are you watching on the live stream from the WDSF website?
I think thats been an issue with the WDSF - they seem to avoid truly accomplished judges.  Compare the list for their world championship with, say, the London ball.  In the latter every judge is a previous world champion I think. 

Obviously such judges can not be used for all events but IMO anything that claims to be a world chamionship should be judged by - world recognized judges. 

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 12:09:35 AM »

the judges for the WDSF stuff were all international except for one.  You have to have a special qualification to judge WDSF events.
It was totally amazing to watch it live let me tell you.  I was awestruck at the talent of these couples. MM
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »

the judges for the WDSF stuff were all international except for one.  You have to have a special qualification to judge WDSF events.
It was totally amazing to watch it live let me tell you.  I was awestruck at the talent of these couples. MM

I bet the comp was fantasitc!  You had some of the world best - and I am sure the judging was good and fair.  But it remains the case that I think the WDSF judging accreditation is relatively easy to obtain and does not require personal achievement.  Of course that may be better in some cases since being able to do something does not necessarily make you good at judging it. 

I hope they provided profiles of the judges in the program so that everyone could see their backgrounds and associations in addition to their personal achievements.  I always like it when the comp provides a picture of each judge, it adds to the competition when you can identify them by sight.

mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »

yes all the judges had some sort of profile in the programme.  Its being televised here on free to air Christmas Eve at 4pm.  Stupid time but at least its being televised. MM
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 07:18:19 AM »

yes all the judges had some sort of profile in the programme.  Its being televised here on free to air Christmas Eve at 4pm.  Stupid time but at least its being televised. MM

Seems like a prime time slot.  Kinda nice thing to do on a lazy christmas eve afternoon.... wonder if I could pick it up through the internet?  Whats the channel? Smiley

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »

seven2 is the station not sure if you can watch it via the internet but you can definitely see the clips on wdsf. It was a shame they did not showcase new vogue to the world.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 04:06:44 AM »

seven2 is the station not sure if you can watch it via the internet but you can definitely see the clips on wdsf. It was a shame they did not showcase new vogue to the world.
I agree - but thats not 'what its about'.  They don't show american style either.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »

I agree - but thats not 'what its about'.  They don't show american style either.

would love a true dance channel where they show case all sorts of dance...live Cheesy I am sure it will happen one day

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »

would love a true dance channel where they show case all sorts of dance...live Cheesy I am sure it will happen one day
sooner rather than later we will get global 'TV' channels - with automatic language translation...

mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 11:49:16 PM »

sooner rather than later we will get global 'TV' channels - with automatic language translation...

Was watching an American travel show the other night.  The person was in Scotland and they had subtitles. !! Smiley  unbelievable. mm
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 03:44:21 AM »

Was watching an American travel show the other night.  The person was in Scotland and they had subtitles. !! Smiley  unbelievable. mm
Funny - but sometimes the accent is so strong I have a problem understanding it!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: