partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 06:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Abracadabra!! William Pino..
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Abracadabra!! William Pino..  (Read 2175 times)
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« on: August 06, 2012, 02:37:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8jBcFotiw
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:38:09 AM »

thank you William (and SG Wink )

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 11:15:44 AM »

Any time!

I hadn't seen this before.  I think it's interesting how he talks about the simplicity, asks you to question and doubt complexity, but never once demonstrates or explains just how simple it is.  In other words he never goes anywhere near the "how to" of it.  Maybe it's too much for one lecture, but there's one where Donnie Burns does something similar.  I'll try to find it.  They all talk of the simplicity, and I have a clue what their talking about, but they reveal nothing of the "how to".  That tells me it's still a closely guarded secret and the powers that be won't just *give* it to you.  I believe there's some sort of vetting process to decide who should get the information.
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »

Here's the Donnie Burns lecture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTrmjCg-VfA&feature=related
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:06:58 PM »

Any time!

I hadn't seen this before.  I think it's interesting how he talks about the simplicity, asks you to question and doubt complexity, but never once demonstrates or explains just how simple it is.  In other words he never goes anywhere near the "how to" of it.  Maybe it's too much for one lecture, but there's one where Donnie Burns does something similar.  I'll try to find it.  They all talk of the simplicity, and I have a clue what their talking about, but they reveal nothing of the "how to".  That tells me it's still a closely guarded secret and the powers that be won't just *give* it to you.  I believe there's some sort of vetting process to decide who should get the information.
Well, PDO should qualify.... I wonder if we can get WP on here....

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »

Great Lecture!!!!

I could help laughing many times.

It is very difficult to talk about the simplicity top dancers use in a lecture format. Everybody comes from a different background and no common understanding.  Also most teachers would not publicly give away the insights to their success.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 01:34:24 AM »

it was a great lecture. I love to hear about what they think , typical of most life things. we complicate more than we need to when the answer and execution is always simple.

Had an experience last night where I go to train (as I have been injured). I said to my partner lets dance at about 70% and it felt really good! someone came up to us and said wow you two have really improved.  Cheesy This was great considering I am dancing with an injury!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 02:27:09 AM »

Congratulations QPO!  Although I hope the injuries had nothing to do with the dancing.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 02:20:08 AM »

Congratulations QPO!  Although I hope the injuries had nothing to do with the dancing.

It is ongoing leg issues...like you I have arthritis in my knees and I did have my left leg operated and now my right leg (knee) is playing up, gets fluid in  all the time and then it is hard to bend. I dont take drugs for it and I don't want surgery for it either. I am trying really hard to fix it without surgery on this knee. I cant see why my dancing should make it puff up all the time but when I train it does :-/

Dance Forum
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »

It is ongoing leg issues...like you I have arthritis in my knees and I did have my left leg operated and now my right leg (knee) is playing up, gets fluid in  all the time and then it is hard to bend.

Actually two doctors told me I'm headed that way and another told me I had it, but a few years later through a change in ballroom coach it's all gone. 
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »

It is ongoing leg issues...like you I have arthritis in my knees and I did have my left leg operated and now my right leg (knee) is playing up, gets fluid in  all the time and then it is hard to bend.

Actually two doctors told me I'm headed that way and another told me I had it, but a few years later through a change in ballroom coach it's all gone. 

So what we really need then is not Obamacare but Obamadance Huh

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 03:03:06 AM »

so what do you think changed for you?

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: