partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 04:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  shoe-less lesson
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: shoe-less lesson  (Read 2070 times)
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 05:53:11 PM »

I prefer the 1.5s but my partner was so pleased to dance with me an inch shorter I'm wondering if the .5s would be acceptable or would it look odd?

I am sure he would feel .5 inch. You might also consider standing closer to 10/4 rather than 11/5. I know that has helped in cases where the man feels the lady is too tall.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 06:45:11 PM »

I prefer the 1.5s but my partner was so pleased to dance with me an inch shorter I'm wondering if the .5s would be acceptable or would it look odd?

I am sure he would feel .5 inch. You might also consider standing closer to 10/4 rather than 11/5. I know that has helped in cases where the man feels the lady is too tall.

DSV
very interesting - I wonder if he'd like that... and if I could do it!  We've been working on keeping my centre over the standing foot in ALL steps (have a tendency to shift it too much to the left).  Perhaps when I get better at that I can angle more.

BTW what do you mean by 'feel 0.5inch'?  This came up because he liked me shoeless!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 09:20:29 PM »

Guys are often so sensetive that they can feel it even if you are only .5 inch shorter.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »

Guys are often so sensetive that they can feel it even if you are only .5 inch shorter.

DSV

Oh I see - I thought you were referring to my heel length!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 11:43:57 PM »

I normally dance in a two inch heel but find at the moment that put pressure on my knees, so I have been using a practice shoe which is 1" heel. I have tried to look for nice shoes with an inch heel and came across one show. I bought them but they are OK. I have ince tired the odd dance in the2 inch heel and I can cope but I donnt know if I could do it all evening.

Knees are getting better though so I think in another six months I will be back to my normal heel size.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 06:55:29 AM »

Interesting. I can see where an occasional shoe-less lesson would have benefits -- like balance or learning to dance on slippery floors.

For me, though,  adjusting to different heel heights is very difficult.  I prefer to stay with whatever heel height I'm using. From heel to flat would throw me off.

Anecdote:  I had one studio owner who would have a conniption if you danced barefoot on her floors. She said that the oils in our feet damaged the finish.  You should have seen it, the time someone came in off the street to audition for a dance teacher job (a lyircal dancer. IIRC)  and off came her shoes.  Sacrilege!

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: