partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 11:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116515 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  USA Dance chapters; Disadvantage and advantages?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: USA Dance chapters; Disadvantage and advantages?  (Read 1522 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 04:08:39 AM »

The most crucial thing between a pro and an AM is trust.  You are spending a lot of money for dance and you have to trust that the pro is dealing with you fairly.  If you find out that he is scalping you for one part of the fee - even if the total sum is reasonable - that undermines the trust and you will start to worry that he is cheating elsewhere too. 

Its always best to keep an open bill structure.  If the entry fee is X dollars and you need X+Z (pro-s fees) dollars to do the competition - then just keep it at that.  To say that the X dollars is actually Y dollars is untrue.  Pros might do this - but they run the danger that you have a friend who will provide you with the real fees and then the trust is broken.  I'd have a hard time dancing with a pro that I could not trust.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 08:46:24 AM »

Yes.  Trust is the issue.   Cool  I have seen people approach the pricing structure all sorts of ways -- from the pro quoting a lump sum with no justification to the pro and am working out the fees, line by line, with the am's budget running the show, so to speak.  The real issue is as you say, ee, one of whether the am trusts the pro.   It's up to the pro to act in a way that her/his students find trustworthy.

Dona nobis pacem.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 06:45:19 AM »

Oops.  This thread got way off topic.  My bad.

Not sure if the OP is still around, but I should mention that I found some chapter tarter promotional info at the USA Dance website -- promotional posters,etc, that might hep thigs get off the ground. Cool

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: