partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2015, 05:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116893 Posts in 1873 Topics by 224 Members
Latest Member: Hobby Dancer
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Waltz, when does the fall stop?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Waltz, when does the fall stop?  (Read 3113 times)
Some guy
Silver

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »

To answer the original question as to when the fall stops, I would say each bar is a fall. Use gravity to take you through each bar.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 07:58:27 AM »

To answer the original question as to when the fall stops, I would say each bar is a fall. Use gravity to take you through each bar.

does not the fall end at the end of three? but there should be a smooth transition to create ebb and flow.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Some guy
Silver

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »

I think the pendulum (or swing set) is a perfect example of a consecutive "falls" linking together via smooth transitions.  As to whether it happens to "three", that's illusive, because at point of the three are we talking about?  The "T", the "H", the "R", or one of the "E"s?  I think it's safest to let the music decide.  The additional layer of a count can impede musicality significantly. 
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 04:17:15 AM »

That's where we all (should) end up - and I suspect most people do else they remain stiff and discoordinated.  The problem for most is how to get there and I actually think exploring many different approaches is a natural way to find your own best way to dance.  The more you can move naturally to the beat of the music the better you are doing...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
sandralw
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 10:36:54 PM »

There is also a difference between foot rise and body rise.  Both have to be taken into consideration and timed to the specific piece of music and how it moves you.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 03:17:19 AM »

There is also a difference between foot rise and body rise.  Both have to be taken into consideration and timed to the specific piece of music and how it moves you.

Love your work Cheesy

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
sandralw
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 03:21:03 AM »

Now that I've had a bit of time off and now come back I've had time to reflect on the difference between what I did, what I was expected to do and what I do now.  They are all three the same and yet all three different.  When I was actively and heavily competing I was only doing what I was told, but had little time to seek out information and reflect on what I was being told, for the most part.  When I left the competitive arena but was still coaching and also teaching I was understanding through my students what my coaches had asked of me.  Now I ask questions, seek put information and listen more closely, not only to others but to myself, to give my students the best I can.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »

If the question is to the term "fall" in the technique book (ISTD book) then the fall is completed with you hit full division or (IDTA's "Down") before the foot flip or just before the end of 1

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
sandralw
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 02:18:11 AM »

Sorry it's been a while... I've been really slammed, but I haven't forgotten the discussion about falling in waltz... I can't say that there is a definitive place in the mechanics of the dance it's where the fall really "STOPS" as it is incorporated into the "sway" action.  It can be said that it would stop when the leg that is being extended and about to become the newly engaged foot and leg makes full contact with the floor and the rise commences as the drawing in of the new few leg and foot occurs. 

I know this sounds a bit weird, but it actually is easier to dance than to explain.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: