partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 12:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Amateur (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Senior Amateur competitors
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Senior Amateur competitors  (Read 4074 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2013, 05:57:06 PM »

In Canada the mass majority of competition dancers are in the Senior categories.  In Ontario alone there are more Seniors than all the other ages combined.
Is that still the case?  Seems to me there are far more juniors and youth...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »

The seniors make up almost more than the others combined.  My friends who competed in Counrty until just recently told me it was the same thing in Country.  Also in Country though the Adult was far less popular than the Senior categories they would put the importance and consideration on the Adults rather than the Seniors who were the ones caring the Country competitions.  They have realized, after many of the Seniors got tired of being slighted and left, that they should have taken care of their Seniors and not thought of them as also rans. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »

Seems to me that Senior comps really are deteriorating in our area (Ontario Canada) - you can see it partially by the lack of entries into international competitions.  I often screen DSI for Canadian entries for Senior or over50 catagories.  There are very few now.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2013, 12:37:30 AM »

Unless changes are made then it will continue to decline.  The problem is that nobody wants to get off their butts and make the changes or they don't have the backbone or care enough to do so.  Well I spent two years trying and putting my neck on the line and except for a few I didn't have anyone do anything to help so I figure if they don't want to be part of the solution they can stay and enjoy being part of the problem. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2013, 12:50:38 AM »

All the categories are failing but then again when the focus is based just on the elite dancers and the others are just also rans then of course you are going to face problems.  We should be focusing on developing the syallbus levels and getting more people into dancing and competing but hey, where is the glory in that.  If a club focuses on only 5% then don't be too surprised when you start losing the 95% let alone building up the ranks.   

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2013, 05:38:19 AM »

I guess it hasn't dawned on them that if you only don't build your base where are you going to get your future elite from?  I think we are seeing a deline in the elite dancers too - look at Germany or Russia, they have of course much larger populations but ballroom is normal in those societies; in Canada we have failed to make it something everybody should aspire to do.

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2013, 04:22:18 AM »

I guess it hasn't dawned on them that if you only don't build your base where are you going to get your future elite from?  I think we are seeing a deline in the elite dancers too - look at Germany or Russia, they have of course much larger populations but ballroom is normal in those societies; in Canada we have failed to make it something everybody should aspire to do.

well until everyone stop bickering and works together things wont change. Our forum is next week will be interesting to see what they come out with, it is always the same  bla bla bla we need new ideas.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2013, 02:46:23 AM »

well until everyone stop bickering and works together things wont change. Our forum is next week will be interesting to see what they come out with, it is always the same  bla bla bla we need new ideas.

Its very hard to get anywhere in any business unless there is a need to satisfy.  Having to both create a clientele and satisfy them is a very daunting task and requires either a perceived need (such as the populace being turned on by a television program) or a tremendous cooperative effort by all in the business.  Unfortunately, dance world people are not very good at the latter: in essence making the 'dance pie'.  They are much better at individual efforts (comps, studios, independent teachers etc) where they can get a slice of the existing pie Smiley 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: