partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 04:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Professional (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  WDC results announcements... :(
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WDC results announcements... :(  (Read 144 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: March 02, 2014, 01:44:59 PM »

Not sure why, but its seems to take forever for some professional results to be posted, at least by the WDC.  A current example is for the Asian tour the Taipei competition (on the 28th Feb) has not been reported and neither has the Tokyo Asian Open on the 23rd Feb.

On that note, the new WDC competition web page may seem logical to its designers but is far from it for the new user.  This is what you see at first - you have to figure out that to see previous comps and results you have to check the tiny boxes on the upper right:
http://www.wdcdance.com/index.php?keywords=search+for+...&set_calendar_type=15
If you click on the 'results' box the page goes blank (because the default is future comps and, nope, they don't have results for them yet!

But if you check both boxes you then see the OLDEST comps come up at the top of the pageand you have to scroll through to find the recent news.  

No prizes guys....

I think most visitors people come to the site for two things: upcoming comps and results of recent comps.  To my mind the page should be designed with those two as the most easily accessed info.

just a thought.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:46:36 PM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:52:44 PM »

That's odd - they fixed one thing; now the past events are in reverse order (newest at the top) well done - that was fast Grin
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:46:11 PM by elisedance » Logged

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »

Yeah I was just checking it and it opened fine.  I don't know who is doing the WDSF site now but it must be a new person since the results are up fast and the Youtube videos for the competition are are put out to FB and Youtube so fast the competitiors have barely left the floor.  Nice to get someone who does a good job.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 06:00:28 PM »

Yeah I was just checking it and it opened fine.  I don't know who is doing the WDSF site now but it must be a new person since the results are up fast and the Youtube videos for the competition are are put out to FB and Youtube so fast the competitiors have barely left the floor.  Nice to get someone who does a good job.

I hope the WDC peeps take notice - dumb thing to be outclassed on!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: