partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 05:44:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Showcase dancing - price?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Showcase dancing - price?  (Read 1807 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »

I'll go with a definite maybe.  Grin  I think Skipper nailed it with the first response to this thread.  A lot depends on what is included.  Choreography takes time.  Are you doing the showcase at a studio event?  Somewhere else?  Are you the only student dancing the showcase, or willl there be other students to share the teacher's time and help defray the cost?  Where will the showcase be held?  Etc.

And I know this thread is old, so did you actually end up doing these showcases, ee?  If so, do you remember what you paid and how the price was calculated?  If you didn't or forgot, no sweat.  I'm just curious.  Cool

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 02:47:58 PM »

I've only done onen - I paid my pro to do one with me for a Big Birthday bash.  So it cost 3 lessons and then $3-400 for the event - he also got to enjoy the party Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »

That sounds about right.  I'e done quite a few that generally were priced at about $200, but they were in-studio events where several other students were also performing, so we shared the teacher's time.  I didn't keep track of how many lessons to prepare, but yes.  Several lessons before each showcase were focused, at least in part on the showcase and its choreography.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »

so the $200 was just for the showcase itself right?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 04:55:07 PM »

Yes.  Just the showcase.  I assume the pricing included  the teacher's time, a share of the cost of closing the studio for the performance, chair rental, etc. You know. All the stuff it takes to put together an event, with costs split among the students who performed.

The choreo time I'm not so sure about, because it was usually a mix.  The teacher would come with some choreo ideas ready and then we'd work out the kinks during lessons.

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: