partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  stupid things we do...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: stupid things we do...  (Read 954 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: January 21, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »

I may populate this topic by myself!

Right now I am sitting in the restaurant of the Fallsview Marriot in Niagara Ontario.  I came thinking that it was teh Premiere Ball dance competition this weekend.  Well, its not - its next week.  I got confused because a guy I danced with last week said he was competing this weekend here.  Least thats what I thought he said - maybe it was 'next' weekend which in english/canadian does not mean 'next' but actually the 'next but one'.  Come to think of it, maybe thats not the case in english/USAian...

Anyhow.  I thought of just staying hte week - but its really easier to drive the 1.5 hrs back Tongue Tongue Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:54:17 PM »

Right now I am sitting in the restaurant of the Fallsview Marriot in Niagara Ontario.  I came thinking that it was teh Premiere Ball dance competition this weekend.  Well, its not - its next week.  I got confused because a guy I danced with last week said he was competing this weekend here.  Least thats what I thought he said - maybe it was 'next' weekend which in english/canadian does not mean 'next' but actually the 'next but one'.  Come to think of it, maybe thats not the case in english/USAian...

Anyhow.  I thought of just staying hte week - but its really easier to drive the 1.5 hrs back Tongue Tongue Tongue

well we have all done things like that...just make the most of it and enjoy!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »

I once booked a hotel  and travel for Denver for an annual conference - only it was in Dallas.  Too bad I figured it out just before going!

Dancerette
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:16:13 AM »

LOL!!!

Well, maybe you were just meant to be there for some reason Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »

LOL!!!

Well, maybe you were just meant to be there for some reason Smiley

You know, I like to think that.  Maybe it was the apple crisp with vanilla gelato  they were serving in the hotel restaurant! Grin

Or maybe the universe was telling me I am barking up the wrong tree.... I had another hint of that today.

samina
Silver

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 03:24:53 PM »

Oh no, lolz...well, hope you enjoyed the day off of work! Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »

Oh no, lolz...well, hope you enjoyed the day off of work! Smiley

Well, it WAS a saturday Undecided but thanks for the thought..

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:55:25 AM »

Think of it this way.  You will be first in line to get a seat.  I'm going to come join you but if you don't mind I'll wait until next Saturday. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

Think of it this way.  You will be first in line to get a seat.  I'm going to come join you but if you don't mind I'll wait until next Saturday. 

Are youcompeting?

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

I was born..and it was downhill from there.... Undecided

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »

I was born..and it was downhill from there.... Undecided

Well, stop complaining then.  If it has been uphill we would all be sympathetic... Roll Eyes

[sems like a role model for the 'can't win' statement Wink ]

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 10:30:25 PM »

Are youcompeting?

We shall see.  We are singed up but we are such a horrible mess that it may just be too dismal to put on the floor.  We haven't danced the V.W Waltz since the Maple Leaf and haven't even danced any of the other dances twice through together since then either.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 04:36:50 AM »

I'm on a run.  Drove 30 miles to a group class - that starts next week Undecided Tongue

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »

I'm on a run.  Drove 30 miles to a group class - that starts next week Undecided Tongue
indeed you are...you eager beaver!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 08:38:44 AM »

indeed you are...you eager beaver!
well, it gave me some time to mull things over... and there was no traffic and good music on the radio Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: