partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Competitions reviews site
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Competitions reviews site  (Read 2857 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »

Your right, it starts with them paying and goes from there.  I am just far too generous.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »

Old topic, I know.  This sounds like a great idea and could be of real service to PDOers that compete.  What kinds of things would folks like to see in a comp review?

The only question I have is about complications. My impression is that many, if not most, comps are held at the same location year after year. Is that true?  If so, this could be even more useful, because, barring major renovations, information would be valid year to year.

Great idea, ttd.  Thinking about how it could be implemented ... Cool

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »

IT is a good idea - but we need feedback from people who actually attend the comps.

And yes, most comps are annual so the feedback is useful.  The danger in such a topic is slander - thats where moderation becomes very important - I can't afford to be sued... Undecided

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »

Yes to all.  Posters would have to walk a fine line, if they had constructive feedback.   And yes.clearly,there'd have to be a core group of people who attend the comps and are willing to share their experiences.

OTOH, at this point,something as simple as a listing of hotel faciities (changing rooms, hours for the breakfast buffet, etc)and local businesses (close restaurants, overflow hotels,nearest pharmacy, etc) might be a nice place to start.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 11:31:35 PM »

but such things are really done best on a web page where you can provide easy links - click on hotel or tanning salon Smiley

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 07:26:46 AM »

There's a salsa review site out there that seems to have a pretty good body of feedback.  I'll take a closer look and see how they do it.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 08:05:30 AM »

We have topics here - I made one for competition superstars to highlight our favorite ones that go the extra mile...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: