partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116457 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  sadness
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: sadness  (Read 4117 times)
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »

Excellent to hear this Elise!
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 03:52:16 AM »

another door opening. Cool

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 04:32:41 AM »

another door opening. Cool
open might be more accurate - I'm sure where it can lead...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »

Sadness coming back from Holiday to find out a friend is only days away from dying and when we left  nothing was known.... they opened her up two weeks ago and closed her straight away...she cannot eat and they can only give her intravenous and she is slowly staving to death.

she is a young 64 year old....very sad indeed.. Cry

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »

Sadness coming back from Holiday to find out a friend is only days away from dying and when we left  nothing was known.... they opened her up two weeks ago and closed her straight away...she cannot eat and they can only give her intravenous and she is slowly staving to death.

she is a young 64 year old....very sad indeed.. Cry
very sorry to hear.. there is no good in loosing a friend..

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 08:30:15 AM »

foot note that she passed away last sunday and had the funeral on Friday, she is now dancing in the Crystal ballroom in the sky. How your life can change so quickly...each day is precious

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 07:03:57 AM »

the news of my knee has brought me down slightly.....I am sure I will be better tomorrow.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »

the news of my knee has brought me down slightly.....I am sure I will be better tomorrow.

don't give up.  there is a way - but do find out how extensive the damage is.  And when you plan for surgery make sure you have an agressive physiotherapist in hand that knows sports medicine.  It can make all the difference....

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 03:50:57 AM »

don't give up.  there is a way - but do find out how extensive the damage is.  And when you plan for surgery make sure you have an agressive physiotherapist in hand that knows sports medicine.  It can make all the difference....

I am seeing my physio on Friday and will talk with her about it, I know that the amount of work you put in before and after has a big bearing on the success of the procedure

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:51 AM »

I am seeing my physio on Friday and will talk with her about it, I know that the amount of work you put in before and after has a big bearing on the success of the procedure
FOr sure.  If my exDP was liable to communicate I would put you in touch but he's taken the art of 'man of few words' to its existential limit :p  However, I do remember the process and it took determination and some suffering because the mobility has to be established very early on.  Its a somewhat daunting task - but I've also seen the outcome and it was amazing.  OTOH he only had one leg...  Better prepare a large support group (we're here as much as we can be Smiley ).

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 12:19:59 AM »

I am sad and happy together.

A lot is going on here ... personal, professional and in-between.

Mostly sad because my dad's health is failing and he is dying slowly. He has been diagnosed with lung cancer this summer. He is holding on. Strong spirit. He is tired and his body is failing. =(

No longer dancing at all. Nor do I have a desire to ever again. (Just one of the worst situations ever on so many levels) However, I love dance and will continue to appreciate the watching.

Happy though, new career (I love), hubby and I are wonderful, kids are well and wonderful. =)

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:20 AM »

A lot is going on here ... personal, professional and in-between.

Mostly sad because my dad's health is failing and he is dying slowly. He has been diagnosed with lung cancer this summer. He is holding on. Strong spirit. He is tired and his body is failing. =(

No longer dancing at all. Nor do I have a desire to ever again. (Just one of the worst situations ever on so many levels) However, I love dance and will continue to appreciate the watching.

Happy though, new career (I love), hubby and I are wonderful, kids are well and wonderful. =)

Well glad to hear of your update and sad news about your dad, very hard to watch the people we love fade away like that, I wish you great strength!
Sorry to hear about your dancing, but in the future it may be something you will go back to socially.... check out the WDSF worlds that were in Australia they are available on YouTube great dancing Cheesy

Nice to hear that your family is well. please pop in again soon xxx

Dance Forum
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2012, 12:44:57 AM »

Thanks Q - I am back ... not crazy back ... learning balance. =)

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »

I suppose that could be a definition of life Undecided

very sorry to hear it EM; all we can do is be there for them and hope that it makes us stronger for our children and loved ones... (I'm also where you are)

Sounds awful.  You must have been through a lot of trauma....  But please don't say never, dance may happen in another form...

Fantastic - I know you've been through the mill on some of these in the past few years so very, very glad for you  Kiss  Cheesy

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2012, 08:20:28 AM »

[Good job I caught that typo, accidentally wrote 'Fatastic' - though its actually qute a cool word!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: