partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 03:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116403 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  sadness
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: sadness  (Read 3865 times)
Dancerette
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »

LOL!

Of course, what was I thinking?! Wink
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 08:01:13 AM »

LOL!

Of course, what was I thinking?! Wink

of course it may reflect the differences between women and men....

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »

I know what you are feeling in the dance sense ee.  What my DP and I are working on will not help us in competitions right now as it is not an instant fix thing but rather something you grow into and feel.  An understanding of the body, conection and music and the relation of two bodies moving as one.  I had a friend who is a lower dance teacher here in the city come to our lesson and she could not understand what we were doing.  She is into steps and maybe I could say "instant graification" over longer term principles.  We worked on two steps in two hours and she was surprised.  I told her there was so much to understand and learn that two steps was more than enough.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 03:58:51 AM »

I know what you are feeling in the dance sense ee.  What my DP and I are working on will not help us in competitions right now as it is not an instant fix thing but rather something you grow into and feel.  An understanding of the body, conection and music and the relation of two bodies moving as one.  I had a friend who is a lower dance teacher here in the city come to our lesson and she could not understand what we were doing.  She is into steps and maybe I could say "instant graification" over longer term principles.  We worked on two steps in two hours and she was surprised.  I told her there was so much to understand and learn that two steps was more than enough.

exactly

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 06:55:09 AM »

we do that all the time. work on parts of our routine. yesterday we worked same leg lunge to a imputeurs turn (I thnk) brush to premande chasse to four runs. spend a good 45 minutes doing that before we went back and worked that into our routine... it is what you do..

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »

continued....

Attending the Falls Premiere Ball at Niagara as I write (the last hip-hop events are on) with the faint hope of finding a possible partner here.  Faint of course because i think I know every dancer at gold or above.  Still, I did get a little encouragement.  One judge told me I needed a better partner - which was complimentary but they may just be being nice.  A lot of people asked why I was not dancing - which also means so much for the gossip mill!!  Turns out the guy I came to watch competed yesterday (in adult - way younger than his level) so not even that worked out.  I watched my dance level (pre-champ and champ) with a few of the same couples as always (not a lot, this is not a well attended comp for AMs).  The good part of that was I could finally watch them with an unbiased eye - and yes, the ones that beat us were, on the whole better Undecided 

The other effect was to stir up the sadness again.  Now not for the lost DP but for the lost dance participation.  The bubber of dancesport is that you can't dance by yourself! 

I did, however, run into an old friend who organizes a fairly large competition and suggested that they have a single-dancers event - do a bit of match making!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »

hey, elise...you never know what will come next. keep investing in your dream...so you're ready when life moves you to the next level. Cheesy
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:04 AM »

continued....

Attending the Falls Premiere Ball at Niagara as I write (the last hip-hop events are on) with the faint hope of finding a possible partner here.  Faint of course because i think I know every dancer at gold or above.  Still, I did get a little encouragement.  One judge told me I needed a better partner - which was complimentary but they may just be being nice.  A lot of people asked why I was not dancing - which also means so much for the gossip mill!!  Turns out the guy I came to watch competed yesterday (in adult - way younger than his level) so not even that worked out.  I watched my dance level (pre-champ and champ) with a few of the same couples as always (not a lot, this is not a well attended comp for AMs).  The good part of that was I could finally watch them with an unbiased eye - and yes, the ones that beat us were, on the whole better Undecided 

The other effect was to stir up the sadness again.  Now not for the lost DP but for the lost dance participation.  The bubber of dancesport is that you can't dance by yourself! 

I did, however, run into an old friend who organizes a fairly large competition and suggested that they have a single-dancers event - do a bit of match making!

ach you're bringing out the chivalrous in me..now if I could dance ballroom...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 09:30:53 AM »

continued....

Ahh, the metaphorical coat in the puddle... Cheesy

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »

continued....

the best I could do given the geographical constraints.. I could wing it, but cant affford the flight...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 11:20:37 AM »

continued....

the best I could do given the geographical constraints.. I could wing it, but cant affford the flight...

It was plenty, my good sir. Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »

Quite the "whatever could go wrong did go wrong" competition for us but better to get it out all at one comp.  The good thing is that we went in knowing we were not that competitive yet so walked away not feeling too bad about it being a comedy show.

Oddly people were told that you two got together and were going to compete at the Falls.  I replied to them that you had not and you were still looking for a new partner.  The reaction I got too was that you would do better with a different partner.  Still a drag not to have a partner yet but always good to know that peope think that you were not the weak link.  Smiley

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »

Quite the "whatever could go wrong did go wrong" competition for us but better to get it out all at one comp.  The good thing is that we went in knowing we were not that competitive yet so walked away not feeling too bad about it being a comedy show.

Oddly people were told that you two got together and were going to compete at the Falls.  I replied to them that you had not and you were still looking for a new partner.  The reaction I got too was that you would do better with a different partner.  Still a drag not to have a partner yet but always good to know that peope think that you were not the weak link.  Smiley

thanks R  Kiss
[if I can admit it, I heard the same thing from a judge... and she had no reason to be 'nice']

But who thought we were going to compete??? And I wonder why...

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »

thanks R  Kiss
[if I can admit it, I heard the same thing from a judge... and she had no reason to be 'nice']

But who thought we were going to compete??? And I wonder why...

I was wondering that too.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:31 PM »

Chapter II.

So I found the perfect partner for me.  Hang on, thats the 'good news'.  The bad news is that he's a pro (boo) and he's just quit doing pro-am (double boo).  But what I have found is dancing.  Dancing - at a price - but at a level that would 'satisfy'.  By that I mean that if I had no other partner till my body ran out I would be happy.

Should I be satisfied?  Plusses: an ideal man to dance with, minuses - no more competition and dance by the meter (paid).  Few things come without a price - surely my last partnership did too - and in all things we have to weigh the plusses and minuses.  And when I put it like that I really am WAY ahead. 

He teaches with a partner - a woman teacher who is also outstanding.  Their one-two teaching is amazing.  He dances with you and comments on lead-follow issues while she watches and critiques the movement and look.  Sometimes its delightful when they argue.  Sometimes she leads and he watches - on one occasion her lead was better than his (a veryrare one).  And we work on multiple step sequences so that a significant part of the lesson is dance.  The emphasis is on achieving dance without conscious thought - so it meshes well with BoS thinking.  Today I had 2 hrs (this is the second week, one hour last week) and by the time we had worked on waltz for an hour I was dancing in a way I did not think I was capable of.  Honest.

Is the sadness is abating?  Yes, most definitely - because I have a feeling that I now do not want exDP back.  Its not sour grapes and its not masked anger - its simply that I have found a new path and this one will take me far from his house.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: