partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:19:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Exercises (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Excersize to keep your dance skills
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Excersize to keep your dance skills  (Read 7642 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »

Walk!

I've found it the best core excercise - at least one that I actually do.

I started walking to work - its 4.5 km each way (about 2.7 miles) so thats a good workout at a fast pace.  I've been keeping up 3 times per week and have noticed a big improvement in my core muscles.

yes I agree it is great. and look forward to increasing my walking now that I have had the surgery. This iis day one of my rehabilitation. First goal ...stop limping!
- thats very important to not damage your hips or create other imballance injuries

I am suing my crutches to help me gain a good stride. not suing them to do my legs work but giving the brain a chance to think it is having some help!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »

Walk!

I started walking to work - its 4.5 km each way (about 2.7 miles) so thats a good workout at a fast pace.  I've been keeping up 3 times per week and have noticed a big improvement in my core muscles.

yes I agree it is great. and look forward to increasing my walking now that I have had the surgery. This iis day one of my rehabilitation. First goal ...stop limping!
- thats very important to not damage your hips or create other imballance injuries

I am suing my crutches to help me gain a good stride. not suing them to do my legs work but giving the brain a chance to think it is having some help!
sorry.. 'suing'?  not sure what you mean...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:45:09 PM by QPO » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »

Walk!

I started walking to work - its 4.5 km each way (about 2.7 miles) so thats a good workout at a fast pace.  I've been keeping up 3 times per week and have noticed a big improvement in my core muscles.

sorry.. 'suing'?  not sure what you mean...

"using"...dyslexic moment

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »

Walk!

I started walking to work - its 4.5 km each way (about 2.7 miles) so thats a good workout at a fast pace.  I've been keeping up 3 times per week and have noticed a big improvement in my core muscles.

sorry.. 'suing'?  not sure what you mean...

"using"...dyslexic moment
Smiley

Sometimes your one finger gets too fast on the keyboard!

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »

Walk!

That is probably the best work out for the core. Smiley It is also one of the best ways for you to develop an awareness of the center use for dancing.

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »

Walk!

That is probably the best work out for the core. Smiley It is also one of the best ways for you to develop an awareness of the center use for dancing.

DSV
Its been quite amazing - and I've started to jog to catch the occasional traffic light, which means a bit of spurting too...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 01:37:13 AM »

well  look forward to ramping up my walking when my knee recovers from the srugery. I do believe it is the best thing for anyone dancers and non dancers alike.

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »

well  look forward to ramping up my walking when my knee recovers from the srugery. I do believe it is the best thing for anyone dancers and non dancers alike.

we since posting this  I am walking but it is such a chore and not pleasurable, I just cant get a good walking style and the ground feels very hard. I still do it because I know I have to and hope that in the not too distant future it will become a wonderful  pleasant thing to do. Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »

we since posting this  I am walking but it is such a chore and not pleasurable, I just cant get a good walking style and the ground feels very hard. I still do it because I know I have to and hope that in the not too distant future it will become a wonderful  pleasant thing to do. Roll Eyes
maybe some super padded shoes would help? 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »

I have lived in padded sneakers now for nearly 2 1/2 years. nothing glamorous about it! :-/ but this leg is healing faster than the other one.  if I think about it I m at 10 weeks and the other knee was at the same place at least 12 months after the repair.  I am just over having to live with injuries and discomfort.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »

I have lived in padded sneakers now for nearly 2 1/2 years. nothing glamorous about it! :-/ but this leg is healing faster than the other one.  if I think about it I m at 10 weeks and the other knee was at the same place at least 12 months after the repair.  I am just over having to live with injuries and discomfort.
hugs... Smiley

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »

week two of the gym and my second experience with the trainer. all going well so far and no step backwards which is great!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 04:07:47 AM »

great.  Smiley

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 06:20:05 AM »

done some more work on my own interesting though you don't push yourself as hard as you do with a trainer. but have started some anti inflams and had moments of normality today... very pleasing. did dancing tonight and V could feel more stability. heading in the right direction so looking forward to getting back on the comp floor.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »

done some more work on my own interesting though you don't push yourself as hard as you do with a trainer. but have started some anti inflams and had moments of normality today... very pleasing. did dancing tonight and V could feel more stability. heading in the right direction so looking forward to getting back on the comp floor.
sounds promising.. keep on chuggin'...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: