partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Another Excited Newcomer!
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Another Excited Newcomer!  (Read 2404 times)
Alice
Intermediate Bronze

« on: December 12, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »

Hi y'all!

I was just introduced to this site by a friend and have already completely lost track of time in reading so many interesting discussions! 

I'm a newcomer to the ballroom world-- just started three+ months ago, but was a swinger for several years before that (Lindy, East Coast, etc.)  I love everything my coach throws at me, but am particularly fond of Standard.  It's incredible to feel like you're flying while your feet are still on the ground!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone soon!
~Alice

"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."  -Barbara DeAngelis
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:47:34 PM »

And another welcome - just post a bit and PDO grows right under your fingers Smiley

You were "a swinger for several years"?  I'm trying very hard to not read that as its written. Shocked  Shocked  But who can resist? 

And there is nothing on earth to compare with dancing Standard with a lead that really knows what he is doing.  I did it once 20 yrs ago and I got to do it again a few days ago.  This time I'm not letting anything stop me...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Alice
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »

oh goodness... first time on a forum like this.  I'm going to have to write with fliters on! 

"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."  -Barbara DeAngelis
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »

why?  nothing I say goes filtered.  And we love alternative points of view - we even have boards for critique and radical opinions (I don't think you can see the latter yet).
ee

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 08:51:04 AM »

Welcome Alice!

Have fun and feel at home!

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 05:18:12 PM »

I'm excited just reading about how excited you are Alice!  We here do believe there's a little more to it than fancy "Steps".  Looks like someone pushed you down the rabbit whole [groan!] or did you take the jump yourself?
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »

why?  nothing I say goes filtered.  And we love alternative points of view - we even have boards for critique and radical opinions (I don't think you can see the latter yet).
ee
Yeah Alice, Elise will give you a hard time, but I love it!
Alice
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »

I'm excited just reading about how excited you are Alice!  We here do believe there's a little more to it than fancy "Steps".  Looks like someone pushed you down the rabbit whole [groan!] or did you take the jump yourself?

Thanks for the welcomes, DSV and SG!  SG, I think I was in mid-stride gearing up for a jump and some pointed to the right hole Wink

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 05:32:55 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes, DSV and SG!  SG, I think I was in mid-stride gearing up for a jump and some pointed to the right hole Wink
Elise, back away from this!  Back away...  Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »

Elise, back away from this!  Back away...  Grin

Oooooh.  Very fast Mr SG, very fast indeed.  Next time....

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 06:19:01 PM »

ee
Yeah Alice, Elise will give you a hard time, but I love it!

Shall I?  Nah, too easy.
[I think I just did Wink ]

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »

Doh!  Lips sealed
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »

I promise, we're more grown up than this Alice.  Never come back this thread again, and you'll be convinced. 
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:22 PM »

Welcome Alice.  Ask questions, lshare stories, pictures, whatever you like.  Most of us are compettition dancers and some of us do both competition and social dancing so if you need any advice we are here for you.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
Alice
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »

Thanks Rugby!  Love the profile photo by the way--definitely made me chuckle Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: