partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:32:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Ex dance partners - do you still see them? Dance with them??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ex dance partners - do you still see them? Dance with them??  (Read 628 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: July 01, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »

I have not danced with either of my pro partners since we split - I've taken lessons and had things demonstrated, but not really danced.... Same for my ex amateur partners - but thats less surprising since they live over 1K miles away Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »

My amateur ex-partner still lives in Europe, so it would be a little difficult to see him or dance with him on a regular basis. We did meet for the first time since 1988 just this last year (2009). It was fun to see him and talk about old times. We have not danced together since I turned professional.

I do see my professional ex-partner from time to time as we are both still in the business. We haven't danced together for a very long time.

At this time I think, I would rather just have the memory of how great it was. I am sure it would not feel as great as it did at one time, if we were to take a swing today. Some things are best left in the past. Smiley

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:53:09 PM »

My amateur ex-partner still lives in Europe, so it would be a little difficult to see him or dance with him on a regular basis. We did meet for the first time since 1988 just this last year (2009). It was fun to see him and talk about old times. We have not danced together since I turned professional.

I do see my professional ex-partner from time to time as we are both still in the business. We haven't danced together for a very long time.

At this time I think, I would rather just have the memory of how great it was. I am sure it would not feel as great as it did at one time, if we were to take a swing today. Some things are best left in the past. Smiley

DSV

But is that really true?  Since you both retired at the same time (I presume thats correct) neither of you adapted to a new regular partner.  I think it would be fascinating (least for us Grin) to see if it would be like hte proverbial bike....

I think we need an experiment here .... Tongue

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »

But is that really true?  Since you both retired at the same time (I presume thats correct) neither of you adapted to a new regular partner.  I think it would be fascinating (least for us Grin) to see if it would be like hte proverbial bike....

I think we need an experiment here .... Tongue

I have since then danced and practiced for a while with a couple of the world’s greatest dancers. I also take lessons with my former teacher on a regular basis. I know I have change my dancing a lot since I competed. I am very quick to adapt to other partners so I would probably fit better to those two guys then to my ex-pro-partner.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:45:21 AM »

I have had 3 partners, I am still good friends with one of them, we still go to socials together and go on photography trips.
The other 2 I hardly ever talk to again, but we live quite far away.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:39:30 AM »

No idea about competitive am/am or pro/pro partnerships, since I've only had a practice, not a competitive partner, but I can imagine that how/why the partnership ended might impact whether dancing together again is good or bad.

I don't see pro-am instructors as partners (I think there''s a thread on this.)  but no, after ending a pro-am teacher/student relationship, I have not gone back and danced with a former pro.  It's awkward, when you have moved on to someone else. *sigh*

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 05:38:30 PM »

nope Sad  I've seen him, but we've yet to dance...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: