partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 11:02:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Dance Partner Dot Com
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dance Partner Dot Com  (Read 3083 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 11:46:32 PM »

I've decided to try this site as well. It seems promising!

Well, I have four strikes so far.  Which should mean I'm really really out... I hope you have more success.  I'll write about the latest farce in due course Sad

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »

Keep looking.  Not that much time has gone by.  You never know who is just around the corner.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

An update.

So after a month of trying I sent emails to about 8 possibilities most of which did not respond.  Of the ones that did, two expressed an initial interest and then suddenly disappeared and one led to an actual evening dancing - only to discover that he already had a partner and was just scouting the field as it were.  Several men viewed my personal page but went no further.  To be honest it feels a bit creepy.

But now I am also angry.  One man replied on the 2nd - the day my one month gold membership expired.  By the way, gold membership allows you to send (onsite) emails and also recieve them (silver lets you send but they can not reply without also signing up) and of course gold costs more than silver.  The problem?  Well I didn't try to check the email until 4 am this morning when my account had expired - and I was locked out.  I figured that had to be an error since I could still access older emails so I wrote to the owners.  They confirmed that I had to pay for a second month to read the incoming message. 

Surely that is cheating?  The message arrived on a day that was paid for - all I did was to try to read it the next day.  I'd love to have your feedback but it seems to me that they took something away from me that was mine. 

What do you guys think?

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 03:05:54 AM »

An update.

So after a month of trying I sent emails to about 8 possibilities most of which did not respond.  Of the ones that did, two expressed an initial interest and then suddenly disappeared and one led to an actual evening dancing - only to discover that he already had a partner and was just scouting the field as it were.  Several men viewed my personal page but went no further.  To be honest it feels a bit creepy.

But now I am also angry.  One man replied on the 2nd - the day my one month gold membership expired.  By the way, gold membership allows you to send (onsite) emails and also recieve them (silver lets you send but they can not reply without also signing up) and of course gold costs more than silver.  The problem?  Well I didn't try to check the email until 4 am this morning when my account had expired - and I was locked out.  I figured that had to be an error since I could still access older emails so I wrote to the owners.  They confirmed that I had to pay for a second month to read the incoming message. 

Surely that is cheating?  The message arrived on a day that was paid for - all I did was to try to read it the next day.  I'd love to have your feedback but it seems to me that they took something away from me that was mine. 

What do you guys think?

Seems convenient that the message comes in on the day the membership was going to expire?Huh? did they hold on to it?Huh very dodgey

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 04:07:10 AM »

An update.

What do you guys think?

Seems convenient that the message comes in on the day the membership was going to expire?Huh? did they hold on to it?Huh very dodgey

I didn't consider that!  Maybe a manipulative way to force me to renew.  Well they didn't get it instead they got bad publicity.

SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 10:05:34 AM »

As I mentioned before, the website reminds me of a dating website rather than dance partner.

Does your country have an official dancesport website?

Like this one: www.dancesport.org.au

There are designated partner search section and professionals, studios, comp info etc.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »

As I mentioned before, the website reminds me of a dating website rather than dance partner.

Does your country have an official dancesport website?

Like this one: www.dancesport.org.au

There are designated partner search section and professionals, studios, comp info etc.

We do have a dancesport site - but its not nearly that sophisticated.  I think their resources are rather limited.
R is connected with the provincial amateur organization and she mentioned trying to start up a partner search page.  I hope it happens!

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »

start up a partner search page.  I hope it happens!
I know just the person who has the drive to get a job like this accomplished: her name's ELISE!  How awesome would that be Elise?  "Find a need, fill a need".  You found the need.  You have the experience and drive to fill it.  Go for it!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »

Here is the latest correspondence - I detect a little softening in their stance:
In their responses I am indicated by the () statements

(1) You terminated my access early!

I already supplied your membership start and end dates and times in a prior reply.

** Your subscription started 12/2/2011 10:51:32 AM (Pacific Time) and ran until 1/2/2012 11:59:59 PM (Pacific Time). This is correct and accurate.

In summary, your subscription expired after one month plus 1/2 day. That's not early. In fact we gave you an extra 1/2 day. Is this not correct to you? Did I do the math wrong? Is January 2 not one month after December 2? What are you arguing about?

(2) I recieved an email on the last day of my paid membership and you will not give me access to it.

Membership is based on time periods such as one month. Members have privileges during their subscription period, regardless of when an e-mail was received.

For example if an e-mail is received in January and one subscribes in March, that January e-mail is readable during the March membership. That is, the e-mail sent date is not relevant.

(3) That email was paid for and I can't read it.

E-mails are not paid for. Membership is based on time periods.

=== Member Reply 2012-01-04 23:34 ===
I understand your 'policy' now. But where is this 'rule' written so that I could have read it when I subscribed? For if I knew I would have checked my emails on the last day.

Its still stingy. The correct thing to do would be to allow access to all correspondence received during a paid period. That would be not only generous but also realistic - for that is the expectation when you subscribe. That you are getting a month during which you 'own' the information on the site. Its obvious what you want to do - prevent me from accessing the email that arrived during my paid membership to force me to pay for another month.

Your policy is stingy and your outcome is to antagonize a customer who now is very reluctant to use your service - and who is vociferous enough to share her experiences with all the other dancers she knows. If you had taken the opposite tack - to be generous, indicting that you might even care whether I did or did not find a parnter - I would probably have resubscribed AND written a nice note on my web forum.

Keep the email you misers. I hope you enjoy dancing with him. Enjoy.

ES

=== DancePartner.com Reply 2012-01-06 11:03 ===

(1) I understand your 'policy' now. But where is this 'rule' written so that I could have read it when I subscribed?

This rule is not written. It's simply customary among every web site we've ever seen and certainly the top 20 social networking sites we regularly monitor. In the 9 years I've been doing support your misunderstanding has never come up. However, one confused customer is enough -- so we'll be posting more explicit details of membership capabilities in the next day or so.

(2) Its still stingy. The correct thing to do would be to allow access to all correspondence received during a paid period.

I'll discuss this with staff next week during our regular staff meetings.

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 08:32:31 PM »

what he needs to have a meeting with himself! Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »

Thats probably what he actually is going to do.  You see there's him and then his right hand man.  And then his left hand assistant... Grin

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:42 PM »

well that's a little flattering - a senior championship dancer from Melbourne Wink looked me up on DP.com. Maybe he would consider moving to Toronto Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 11:07:53 PM »

Hey you can both dance here during our summer then both go to Australia and dance during their summer.  Sounds like a good idea.

There has to be other sites besides danceparter.com.  I am sure there are a lot of guys, possibly in the North/East States that are lookin for a partner that don't know about dancepartne.com so don't go on to look. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:20 AM »

Hey you can both dance here during our summer then both go to Australia and dance during their summer.  Sounds like a good idea.

There has to be other sites besides danceparter.com.  I am sure there are a lot of guys, possibly in the North/East States that are lookin for a partner that don't know about dancepartne.com so don't go on to look. 
I've tried, trust me.  I've probably been on every site in the world that's had at least one Canadian ad Tongue 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: