partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:36:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  MAC 2012 - Volunteers Needed!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MAC 2012 - Volunteers Needed!  (Read 1145 times)
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« on: November 30, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »

Hello all!

I will be doing all of the volunteer coordination for MAC 2012 and in order to make the competition run as smoothly as possible, we need dancers like you guys to give us a hand. If you are available to help out at any point during the MAC weekend, please send me an e-mail at mac_volunteer@nyusadance.org and we'll get you all set up!

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »

OMS!!  Look who's here!!!

Welcome back M - see, we've kept it going...
I suddenly do have more time on my hands Sad but fraid I won't be at MAC (er, in part for the same reasons) Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »

Hello M and good luck with the comp. now that V has a job we hope to dance on that side of the world and and catch up with everyone we can!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »

I don't think M intends to hang around.. Undecided

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 06:09:43 AM »

most probably not

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 06:31:24 AM »

most probably not

She's still an admin on PDO. 

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »

Hello again!  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here but life has been on the crazy side lately.  How's everybody doing?

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »

Hello again!  Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here but life has been on the crazy side lately.  How's everybody doing?

She speaks!!! Tongue Grin

We're justa pdoodling along.. Actually, we've got a really nice group here right now from all over the world as usual and even some newbies too. 

Are you partners or not partnered at the mo? 

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »

Umm...that's actually a tricky question.  I'm in a weird sort of partnered, but not partnered situation right now.  I have a partner that I've been working with for over a year now who just recently told me that if I really want to compete, I'm going to need to force him into it, because he really doesn't care.  I am less than impressed with this because it leaves me wondering what the last year+ was all about.  However, he's a good match so we're still dancing together until I find someone more suitable (or, much less likely, he comes around/changes his mind)

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »

Perhaps you could do a showcase as a sort of intermediary.  Many guys don't get 'dance competition' it until they discover that they get to beat other guys - its a heady feeling apparently Cheesy Cheesy  A showcase could give him some very positive feedback and sense of accomplishment.  Likewise, a studio competition - no dress 'just for fun' would allow him to explore his feelings re being observed.

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:13 PM »

The thing is, he's competed for years - he's even got the tailsuit!  I have no idea why he's balking at the idea...especially after the push to get ready to debut pre-champ.  It's just frustrating.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »

The thing is, he's competed for years - he's even got the tailsuit!  I have no idea why he's balking at the idea...especially after the push to get ready to debut pre-champ.  It's just frustrating.

Oh, thats not good.  That may mean he really does not enjoy it and nothing will entice him.  All I can think of is to ask him more about his competition experience... I hate to say it, but there's not another woman invovled?  (restrictive wife; past partner etc etc)  Roll Eyes

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 08:46:57 PM »

Oh, thats not good.  That may mean he really does not enjoy it and nothing will entice him.  All I can think of is to ask him more about his competition experience... I hate to say it, but there's not another woman invovled?  (restrictive wife; past partner etc etc)  Roll Eyes

Nope.  No other woman that I'm aware of.  It's disappointing, to say the least.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »

Nope.  No other woman that I'm aware of.  It's disappointing, to say the least.

I think you are right, all you can do is look for someone else - its possible jealousy will work if he starts to get worried that he's goign to loose you...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: