partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 09:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  Aussies 2011
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Aussies 2011  (Read 1062 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »

I'm sure it will happen everywhere in time. I'm guessing there will need to be a legal challenge.

I think it depends on teh spirit of the people.  Are Australians sheepish (Canadians are I'm afraid)?  Or are they wolfish and do their own thing anyway....

I don' think they are as they danced knowing that they would be banned. We get the argument that you cant play both leagues...but why not I say...so if you dance at non sanctioned WDSF events you are banned?  Dancesport here says that they are not banned at participating at any comp organised by them it is only WDSF sanctioned events. It will be very interesting. As there are lots of dancers who are not dancing out of protest even if they are not banned. Roll Eyes

Boycotting is the best way to go - once the comp organizers start loosing money things will change.

I have also heard that there will be picket lines Shocked

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 09:14:20 PM »

I'm sure it will happen everywhere in time. I'm guessing there will need to be a legal challenge.

I think it depends on teh spirit of the people.  Are Australians sheepish (Canadians are I'm afraid)?  Or are they wolfish and do their own thing anyway....

I don' think they are as they danced knowing that they would be banned. We get the argument that you cant play both leagues...but why not I say...so if you dance at non sanctioned WDSF events you are banned?  Dancesport here says that they are not banned at participating at any comp organised by them it is only WDSF sanctioned events. It will be very interesting. As there are lots of dancers who are not dancing out of protest even if they are not banned. Roll Eyes

Boycotting is the best way to go - once the comp organizers start loosing money things will change.

I have also heard that there will be picket lines Shocked

Picket lines? Wow!
We'll be wearing a yellow ribbon in support of the dancers - once I work out where to get one from.....
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: