partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 12:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  Aussies 2011
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Aussies 2011  (Read 1037 times)
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« on: November 18, 2011, 07:14:01 AM »

Thought I might start a topic about the Aussies this year seeing as we only have a few weeks to go.

Who's coming this year? 

What are your thoughts about the ADS vs WDSF vs etc & the 'freedom to dance' talk that's going around and how do you think that'll affect the aussies this year?
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:39 AM »

Yes we are going.. Not sure how the event will be this year there is a lot of fighting going on. And with our top couples being banned from participating it has certainly taken the edge off the event.

The us and them thing is wearing me down. I am sure both parties have a part to play in this whole mess and it is getting very unclear who is doing what at the moment.

I just wish there was some dialogue between the parties to fix the problem. All it is doing is affecting the dancing of very good top dancers who are being dragged in by their teachers belief's (that is my opinion and not a fact).

So will the winner of this years event be really the worthy winner? I feel sorry for those that are banned how does this motivate them to keep training Undecided

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:50:25 AM »

Yea, really is a shame about what's going on at the moment.  Sad

We won't be competing this year because partner has family matter on that weekend, and we just elevated 2 weeks ago.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:01:01 AM »

Yea, really is a shame about what's going on at the moment.  Sad

We won't be competing this year because partner has family matter on that weekend, and we just elevated 2 weeks ago.

So we wont get to see you!  Sad but we are hoping to Win Masters II Level 4 NV. if we can do that we would havewon our level dancing three years in a row  Cheesy so all going well, we have trained really hard, it will be time to go out and enjoy the day.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 02:58:22 AM »

How about putting this on the calendar peeps... Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 03:45:50 AM »

How about putting this on the calendar peeps... Smiley

Ok thought it was already!

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »

oops - was it? I kinda assumed  Embarrassed

maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 05:09:39 AM »

My family and I are going to the Aussies. Who knows what will happen this year. I'm sure we'll still some good dancing in the Adult ranks, but not the cream of the crop.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »

My family and I are going to the Aussies. Who knows what will happen this year. I'm sure we'll still some good dancing in the Adult ranks, but not the cream of the crop.
Because??

maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 07:25:10 AM »

No one knows what's going to happen in the open adult events at the Aussies because of the issue with WDSF and the banned Aussie dancers. We don't know if these dancers will turn up and try to compete. Then again, others probably won't dance in protest against the banning. It's a mess.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 10:04:47 AM »

No one knows what's going to happen in the open adult events at the Aussies because of the issue with WDSF and the banned Aussie dancers. We don't know if these dancers will turn up and try to compete. Then again, others probably won't dance in protest against the banning. It's a mess.

I hope they turn up and that the competition includes them.  IMO such destructive control should be contested at every level.  It could easily happen here too.

maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 05:36:35 AM »

I'm sure it will happen everywhere in time. I'm guessing there will need to be a legal challenge.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 06:10:36 AM »

I'm sure it will happen everywhere in time. I'm guessing there will need to be a legal challenge.

I think it depends on teh spirit of the people.  Are Australians sheepish (Canadians are I'm afraid)?  Or are they wolfish and do their own thing anyway....

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:16 AM »

I think it depends on teh spirit of the people.  Are Australians sheepish (Canadians are I'm afraid)?  Or are they wolfish and do their own thing anyway....

I don' think they are as they danced knowing that they would be banned. We get the argument that you cant play both leagues...but why not I say...so if you dance at non sanctioned WDSF events you are banned?  Dancesport here says that they are not banned at participating at any comp organised by them it is only WDSF sanctioned events. It will be very interesting. As there are lots of dancers who are not dancing out of protest even if they are not banned. Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »

I don' think they are as they danced knowing that they would be banned. We get the argument that you cant play both leagues...but why not I say...so if you dance at non sanctioned WDSF events you are banned?  Dancesport here says that they are not banned at participating at any comp organised by them it is only WDSF sanctioned events. It will be very interesting. As there are lots of dancers who are not dancing out of protest even if they are not banned. Roll Eyes

Boycotting is the best way to go - once the comp organizers start loosing money things will change.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: