partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 05:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  What do you do when partner quits?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: What do you do when partner quits?  (Read 1492 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: November 16, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »

Sept 21 2007 - November 16th 2011. 

Four years of comittment to one partner - who's been good, loyal and hard working.  I have no complaints, even about the breakup.  It was just time for him to stop.  I wish him well and hope that everything works out well for him.

But what now?  Where does a 5'11", SrII (and up) girl find a championship partner?  I know all of them in Ontario - and none are close to my height.  Pro-Am again?  I feel ill at the thought....

Sad Sad Sad

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

Sorry to hear that ee Sad

.....move to Australia, i know a few guys  Wink
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »

I'll be right over Undecided

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 09:45:07 PM »

Don't give up ee, your too good and we need you in the dance world.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »

Don't give up ee, your too good and we need you in the dance world.
thanks very much R - but do I have a choice?

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 07:27:46 AM »

Sorry to hear. better to do pro am at least you keep up your skill level... I know finding a male partner is hard to come by but someone will come along...hopefully  Kiss

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »

Can but hope Q....

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »

That's quite shocking EE!!! 

Good time for you to read up on the laws of the Universe again.  I know it seems like the end, but try to see it as the beginning.  The law of attraction will definitely make sure you get exactly what you want.  You just have to focus on the having and not on the lack of or losing your partner.
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »

Well, you can move up here and dance with my husband. He's perfect height for you. Smiley Good luck getting him competitively motivated though. Plus you'd have to train him up from bronze standard and he also doesn't like standard, thinks it's too complicated as far as patterns go.

On a serious note, why wouldn't you go back to pro-am and dance with that russian guy again?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »

That's quite shocking EE!!! 

Good time for you to read up on the laws of the Universe again.  I know it seems like the end, but try to see it as the beginning.  The law of attraction will definitely make sure you get exactly what you want.  You just have to focus on the having and not on the lack of or losing your partner.

Thats a great idea.  Focus on having.  Hmmm I'm having a stradivarius,,,, I'm havinga stradivarius... I'm...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »

On a serious note, why wouldn't you go back to pro-am and dance with that russian guy again?

Yes, thats just about my only option right now.  But not sure who with - maybe another guy that I've been taking lessons from...

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »

Yes, thats just about my only option right now.  But not sure who with - maybe another guy that I've been taking lessons from...

Well, think of it this way - what would you rather do - compete pro-am or not compete at all? Why do you think it is so bad to go back to it (in the beginning of the thread you said the thought of going back to it makes you ill)?
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »

Well, think of it this way - what would you rather do - compete pro-am or not compete at all? Why do you think it is so bad to go back to it (in the beginning of the thread you said the thought of going back to it makes you ill)?

I want a partner who wants to dance with me.  100% me.  Not 50% me and 50% my pocket book - and say what you will but that is what pro-am is.  [easily proved if you tell your pro you can't pay].  Its not a bad thing - indeed its a great compromise, the am pays the pro dances - both benefit and both are being good and constructive.  And as you know, I've done a lot of it.  But it simply does not satisfy me.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »

Oh, and you are right - I will dance pro-am rather than not dance at all.  But its simply because I have no option.  Give me an option and I'll be out of there.

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 06:40:21 PM »

I just look at it differently. Yes I pay to learn from him and also to dance with him in competitions. However, if he didn't want to teach me or compete with me, he wouldn't take my money and put me on his schedule. And I have seen situations where a pro-am relationship didn't work out and a pro just wouldn't teach/dance with a certain person.

Somehow the part that if I didn't have the money to pay for the competitions, he wouldn't compete with me for free, doesn't bother me at all. Maybe because as far as the competition costs break down, his take-home portion is small compared to the rest of the costs. The competition usually gets the bulk of the money (in form of entries and the package).
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: