partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 04:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116434 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Websense blocks PDO
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Websense blocks PDO  (Read 505 times)
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« on: August 25, 2011, 11:46:44 PM »

Can you believe it?  The Websense net-nanny service has begun blocking PDO!  Yeah, we're bad, we're nationwide!   Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:16:12 AM »

Can you believe it?  The Websense net-nanny service has begun blocking PDO!  Yeah, we're bad, we're nationwide!   Grin
Is there any way to queery that?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »

I've found out a bit more... Websense is now starting to categorize all forum-type sites as "social media", and any user that chooses to have Websense block social media will block it.  However, I notice that several other forums that I participate in are not blocked.  As near as I can tell, the difference is that those sites do not have the forum index at the home-page level; you have to select "forum" on the home page to go to the forum, and apparently Websense's software does not pick that up.  I'm not at all sure what to do about it... we aren't Facebook here!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:27 AM »

I've found out a bit more... Websense is now starting to categorize all forum-type sites as "social media", and any user that chooses to have Websense block social media will block it.  However, I notice that several other forums that I participate in are not blocked.  As near as I can tell, the difference is that those sites do not have the forum index at the home-page level; you have to select "forum" on the home page to go to the forum, and apparently Websense's software does not pick that up.  I'm not at all sure what to do about it... we aren't Facebook here!

Bit ominent isn't it...  I mean we don't know what we are being blocked from seeing - there is no way to tell...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: