partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 08:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dance - Links (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Dancesportinfo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Dancesportinfo  (Read 5903 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 02:49:06 AM »

We are missing about 8 years of results.  I do have a lot of those results though not all.  8 years is quite a bit though.  Perhaps some day I will get it all together and give it to them.  If we are missing these results probably many others can be also.  I suppose it is good for looking at the people in your level as long you all do the same amount of competitions and mainly with the same people.

I wouldn't want following the points to ifluence what levels or comps I do because I am worried that it would bring my points down.  For example we still want to compete in adult and will be competing in adult the rest of the season.  Points ways it would be better if we didn't because I don't believe we are competitive enough yet to win in Adult so are chancing having our points drop down.  If I Worry about the points it will keep me out of Adult and thus the points starts to influence what division I go in to.  We have always competed in Adult and Sr.1 (I wasn't old enough for Sr. 2 until the last couple of seasons that we competed) and we still want to compete there.

Of course it is fun to follow the points knowing that they are just a general idea of where you are and you don't take it seriously enough that it effects what you do.  Also, that's just me and I'm sure everyone has their own take on it and that's alright too.  For me I judge our comps on how I think I danced more than the results.  We have won some and felt empty as we have danced poorly.  Other times we have won but the competition was not that strong so the win did not mean that much.  Other times we have lost but I was happy that I was able to do something that I could not do before.  Everyone has a different way of judging their performance and that's what makes us individuals and it's a good thing. 

I don't think you are really missing any - DSI only really monitors championship dancing (Pre-champ and up) and only adds more basic levels when they are sent in by comps.  In a sense you are lucky since if you start with your syllabus level it can take years to bring it up to your 'real' one.  A great example is Horace Hu & Agnes Yuan here who were added in the 800s and were winning comps but were still ranked 200 points lower.  Its a weirdness of DSI that you can only go up a max of 100 points in one comp (I think).

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 03:05:53 AM »

I did send a message and link to DSI but not sure if they actioned it...I did not receive a response.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 04:25:30 AM »

What did you send them?  To list results they need a fair bit of info - without it they will not bother.  but go to the site and search for your competition and see if they are there.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2010, 04:36:08 AM »

Just want to thank DSI for doing a terrific job on the results reporting at blackpool this year - you can almost follow the events in real time!  I'm guessing that the competition is providing a feed...

Thanks guys!!
http://dancesportinfo.net/Competition/Blackpool_Dance_Festival_2010_9328/EventList.aspx

ee

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »

yes, it would have been so good to get footage. I would have paid for a live service. but I dont think the technology is there yet. or perhaps it is but it is the cost

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 01:37:06 PM »

This site looks like an invaluable resource for competitive dancers. Smiley  Does PDO still have a link to/relationship with DSI?

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 03:03:19 PM »

This site looks like an invaluable resource for competitive dancers. Smiley  Does PDO still have a link to/relationship with DSI?

I correspond with the DSI owner off and on - allert him to result sheets for Canadian comps and such.  We did discuss meeting once to chat about his point algorithms - in my opinion they are flawed and can be improved. 

Both Q and her husband partner and me and Patrick are on there Smiley  Of course our partnership ended...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 04:44:30 PM »

I correspond with the DSI owner off and on - allert him to result sheets for Canadian comps and such.  We did discuss meeting once to chat about his point algorithms - in my opinion they are flawed and can be improved. 

Both Q and her husband partner and me and Patrick are on there Smiley  Of course our partnership ended...

Oooh. I'm intrigued.  Perhaps I should go look you up. Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »

Oooh. I'm intrigued.  Perhaps I should go look you up. Smiley
we don't go on such sites to hide Grin

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 11:52:45 PM »

yes we are there.....Grin and showing well in the results, we are also listed on WDC and WSDF

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 02:55:13 AM »

*impressed*  Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: