partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2015, 12:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116893 Posts in 1873 Topics by 224 Members
Latest Member: Hobby Dancer
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Dancesport organizations (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  WDC vs WDSF
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: WDC vs WDSF  (Read 20091 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »

Learnts something new today when arranging numbers for competitors you cannot start below 10 for WDSF events it is a rule.... Tongue why I don't know perhaps it is for the numbering system.

I think the 'below 10' rule has always been there.  I suspect its because it might be seen as visual bias if one couple had '1' on their back! 

Possible. we have those numbers and I usually given then to the Juvenile couples Cheesy

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »

This all seems to get more confusing.

One thing - WDC has a new website but I don't think they tested it on a laptop - the banner is so wide you can't access some of the dropdowns!  For example, I can't look at the professional ballroom rankings without searching for it on google.  They should shoot their web-designer....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2014, 04:44:40 PM »

Learnts something new today when arranging numbers for competitors you cannot start below 10 for WDSF events it is a rule.... Tongue why I don't know perhaps it is for the numbering system.

I think the 'below 10' rule has always been there.  I suspect its because it might be seen as visual bias if one couple had '1' on their back! 

Possible. we have those numbers and I usually given then to the Juvenile couples Cheesy

Better give the 1 to the weakest couple Wink

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2014, 10:48:34 PM »

I think the 'below 10' rule has always been there.  I suspect its because it might be seen as visual bias if one couple had '1' on their back!  

Better give the 1 to the weakest couple Wink

well that would make them feel special Cheesy

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:48:06 AM by elisedance » Logged

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2015, 09:06:43 PM »

Okay, here is an example of what I don't like.

https://www.facebook.com/wdsfisdancesporttotal/photos/np.294655415.570045481/889164671126217/?type=1&notif_t=notify_me

Dancing being sacrificed on the altar of going overboard for athletic appeal.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 04:27:32 AM »

link didn't work R... Sad  I think its been taken down or restricted.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »

yes it did not work.... but I go back to if you cant do a move on your own then it should not be done......

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2015, 03:07:19 PM »

I'm going to go out a limb and see if I can get both groups to try and work somewhat together. Not sure if it will work or that we can get the ego out of the way in time to save the dancing.  The Canadian WDC organization is trying to do some unethical tactics to get people.  If it were not for the fact that I have friends on both sides of the line I could really go back against them and make them look like fools.  They are acting in such a dumb ass way of doing things it wouldn't be hard to use their arguments and tactics against them so they look like a loser group to be in but it would be so much better to work together.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:09:33 PM by Rugby » Logged

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2015, 02:31:23 AM »

I'm going to go out a limb and see if I can get both groups to try and work somewhat together. Not sure if it will work or that we can get the ego out of the way in time to save the dancing.  The Canadian WDC organization is trying to do some unethical tactics to get people.  If it were not for the fact that I have friends on both sides of the line I could really go back against them and make them look like fools.  They are acting in such a dumb ass way of doing things it wouldn't be hard to use their arguments and tactics against them so they look like a loser group to be in but it would be so much better to work together.

Good Luck and if it works let me know and I can try it here Lips sealed

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2015, 09:27:09 AM »

I'm going to go out a limb and see if I can get both groups to try and work somewhat together. Not sure if it will work or that we can get the ego out of the way in time to save the dancing.  The Canadian WDC organization is trying to do some unethical tactics to get people.  If it were not for the fact that I have friends on both sides of the line I could really go back against them and make them look like fools.  They are acting in such a dumb ass way of doing things it wouldn't be hard to use their arguments and tactics against them so they look like a loser group to be in but it would be so much better to work together.

Too many chiefs.  Meanwhile dance is dying in Canada - look at the pathetic entries in competitions. Perhaps they should realize that you can not slice a camel up and have two half camels.  You have camel meat for a day but then you have to walk.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: