partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 07:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116515 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Grass-roots dancesport (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  grass roots comp update
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: grass roots comp update  (Read 2884 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 07:00:30 AM »

we have a forum coming up shortly to discuss the way forward for dancing in our state. it is at crisis point and we must start to build and it will take years to rebuild and develop sponsorship deals  to be able to promote it more...it goes round and round.... Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 01:02:58 PM »

we have a forum coming up shortly to discuss the way forward for dancing in our state. it is at crisis point and we must start to build and it will take years to rebuild and develop sponsorship deals  to be able to promote it more...it goes round and round.... Roll Eyes

I think you need a new TV program Tongue

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 11:44:13 PM »

Things are coming to a head here too.  If the WDSF does not get off their butts they will end up losing Canada.  The competitions are leaving them one by one and the membership is dropping yet again.  The competitions are now deciding to not affiliate with any organization but rather just go on their own and support each other instead. 
They are tired of the war of egos and nothing ever getting fixed nor the complaints heard or attented to.  I cannot fault them as the WDSF has been so busy focusing on Europe that they have left the rest of us in the "outer countries" with no support.  I have been complaing to the powers that be very vocally that we need to learn to get along and we have, have, have to strengthen the syllabus levels and make the people feel like they are important and gear our competitions and organization to the needs of our members.  The most important thing in my mind, and obvioulsy it is only me that thinks this way, is that we have to get together to promote dancing or soon we will not have anyone left to carry on.  If you ran a business and over half your stores closed and your customer base shrank considerably the first thing is that you would be called to the head office and told to pack your bags.  This happens in dancing and yet we carry on with a blind eye not noticing and barely caring that our house is crumbling down around us as we stick our head in the sand.  Nobody is taken to task for serious mishandling or lack of action since nobody wants to stand up and point fingers or ask the questions that need to be asked.  Instead the egos and self-importance take precedence over the good of dancing and it has begun to suck the life out of it.  The heads of the dance organizations are caring more about making money and maintaining their demi-god status than they are about the growth and promotion of dancing.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »

Well, I guess I'm a good example of a drop-out.  I'm sorry to say that I think the attitude prevails that its really about the star ams and pros and the rest is there to feed that vanity.  Frankly, I can do far more good with my income in other areas.  I think I would only go back to dance if I could find a long-term Am partner... but that's virtually impossible.

It might be a good thing tho if neither of the big too ran things in Canada.  Our organizations should create something new that serves our local needs - but to do so I think they have to think broader, maybe even incorporate more dance forms under the umbrella - but really do so, not just as a way to feed ballroom.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:45 PM »

I feel like it is quite hopeless.  I would like to start something new but without support then I am spinning my wheels.  Dancing is being sacrificed on the alter of greed and ego and it seems like there will be no change if we don't find a group of people who care more about the promotion and future of dancing rather than money or building statues of themselves for glory and history.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: