partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 11:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116183 Posts in 1853 Topics by 220 Members
Latest Member: elam63
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Dancesport organizations (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Current USA Dance vs NDCA fight?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Current USA Dance vs NDCA fight?  (Read 2173 times)
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 10:36:30 PM »

i also don't get it...the nuances of dance org politics fly right over my head

Let it fly, it's not worth letting it land on you.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 04:56:39 AM »

I hope everyone has checked out the 'freedom to dance' movement.  They should be supported wherever they have comps - up to now I think they are only in England but with all this friction it is likely they will spread.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 05:56:47 AM »

from my understanding it is WDC fighting to the death....they did not have an am league and only originally looked after professionals. Then the ISDF took up the am and 12 years ago Dancesport Australia aligned itself with them to look after the am dancers. then when they decided to open up a Pro section is when all hell broke loose.

[edited by es - lets not go there] and it goes on. I just wish they sort it out. I truly am over it!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:09:02 AM by elisedance » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 06:08:19 AM »

ISDF ..... decided to open up a Pro section is when all hell broke loose.

thats really it.  If they could have stayed within their own specialties and worked together we wouldn't have this mess.

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »

Cool.  Thanks!  I guess my reaction is, "Whatever..." 

IF we ever compete, it will most likely be am-am, so as long as there are qualified judges available, it doesn't mean jack...

You just hit one big nail on the head .... What IF the judges and officials that 'must' be registered with the NDCA are prohibbited by NDCA (at some point in the future, they are not currently - per a press release) from judging/officating at USA Dance comps. This can be a potential problem then with getting qualified judges.

(at least this was an issue raised here by a few AMs that are pretty miffed about this. (and makes sense)

<please excuse any spelling or well ... any mistakes. need sleep>
So from the perspective of a pro-am competitor, there is no impact, since most competitions we can do are NDCA-sanctioned. I've only been to one which was independent, but it was a local thing, not big or important enough to make a blip on NDCA radar.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »

Cool.  Thanks!  I guess my reaction is, "Whatever..." 

IF we ever compete, it will most likely be am-am, so as long as there are qualified judges available, it doesn't mean jack...

You just hit one big nail on the head .... What IF the judges and officials that 'must' be registered with the NDCA are prohibbited by NDCA (at some point in the future, they are not currently - per a press release) from judging/officating at USA Dance comps. This can be a potential problem then with getting qualified judges.

(at least this was an issue raised here by a few AMs that are pretty miffed about this. (and makes sense)

<please excuse any spelling or well ... any mistakes. need sleep>
So from the perspective of a pro-am competitor, there is no impact, since most competitions we can do are NDCA-sanctioned. I've only been to one which was independent, but it was a local thing, not big or important enough to make a blip on NDCA radar.

Pro-ams are not covered by any organization - they live in the lovely limbo of being between both amateur and pro scaffolds.  Come to think of it, this could change - one of these organizations could have the bright idea of forcing pro-ams to register as ams to dance with their pros... That might trigger a world (dance) war...

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 11:49:55 AM »

Didn't NDCA try to implement this a few months ago? Then there was an outburst of complaints about yet another annual fee on top of what's already the most expensive way to compete with nothing in return, except permission to continue doing what we're already doing, and they promptly retracted the idea.

More info on this:

Original announcement:

http://ndca.org/news-and-resources/news/competition-related-announcements/ndca-to-register-pro-am-student-dancers/

Retraction:

http://ndca.org/news-and-resources/news/competition-related-announcements/postponement-pro-am-student-dancer-registration/

There was some considerable public protest on facebook when the first announcement came out, and so they scrapped the idea after two weeks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:03:16 PM by ttd » Logged
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 12:06:37 PM »

And here's another press release - regarding non-NDCA events using NDCA judges:

http://ndca.org/news-and-resources/news/competition-related-announcements/ndca-executive-committee-release/

apparently those are being grandfathered in if they were around for 5 years or more. But it doesn't apply to non-NDCA pro-am events, so they'd either have to register with NDCA or find the judges elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:12:30 PM by ttd » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: