partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Smooth (Moderators: Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  American FT wing question(s)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: American FT wing question(s)  (Read 943 times)
Beachbum
Intermediate Bronze

« on: July 18, 2011, 08:48:53 PM »

I need to review b/c DP was out of town on class night.

The figure was a FT wing or maybe you'd call it a leftside partner fallaway.

I'm starting aligned DW, do a SQQ into a promenade.  I step CBMP with my right on 1 and rotate my upper body counterclockwise, keeping my weight on my right foot.  DP meanwhile is heading around me CCW ALOD (2,3).  I then step CBMP with my left on 1 (into open pos, I think) and finish with a chasse' right combination or whatever.

So, should she be looking ALOD until I step left CBMP?  Better yet, what is her step pattern?  Meh, maybe it's in the DVIDA Silver syllabus...

Yes.  Quite.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:13:53 PM »

oh, help.  I have no idea....

WE NEED A SMOOTH DANCER OVER HERE!!! STAT!!!!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »

I'm starting aligned DW, do a SQQ into a promenade.  I step CBMP with my right on 1 and rotate my upper body counterclockwise, keeping my weight on my right foot.  DP meanwhile is heading around me CCW ALOD (2,3).  I then step CBMP with my left on 1 (into open pos, I think) and finish with a chasse' right combination or whatever.

So, should she be looking ALOD until I step left CBMP?  Better yet, what is her step pattern?  Meh, maybe it's in the DVIDA Silver syllabus...

I thought your body shaping would determine where her head would go. Most of the time the women's head is to the left regardless of the direction, so even if against line of dance and you step into contra body movement position, the use of your upper body position will then determine where her head goes. ie. If you stretch yur right side the ladies head were be inclined to go to the left and visa versa. We don't do smooth but in NV we have similar moves and I would say that the results would be similar.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »

I'm starting aligned DW, do a SQQ into a promenade.  I step CBMP with my right on 1 and rotate my upper body counterclockwise, keeping my weight on my right foot.  DP meanwhile is heading around me CCW ALOD (2,3).  I then step CBMP with my left on 1 (into open pos, I think) and finish with a chasse' right combination or whatever.

So, should she be looking ALOD until I step left CBMP?  Better yet, what is her step pattern?  Meh, maybe it's in the DVIDA Silver syllabus...

You are actually in a left side position and then need to step outside partner on the left side and then slide back to closed position as you do the second step of the Chasse to the Right. The lady does her first step looking in promenade position and then she should turn and look in the direction that she is coming from which will actually be in closed position. She will keep her head in that position during the chasse part of the Chasse to the Right. Her head might turn back to Promenade Position depending on how you finish the Chasse. On her third step she will be looking LOD if you start the Wing after a Open Impetus.

The wing is described both in the IDTA and ISTD. Wing is described as either Open Telemark and Wing or Wing Following Open Impetus Turn.

Lady’s step in Open Telemark and Wing (only the Wing part)

1)   LF fwd in CBMP and PP
2)   RF fwd preparing to step OP on L side
3)   LF fwd in CBMP OP on L side

Lady’s steps from Wing Following Open Impetus Turn

1)   LF fwd and across in CBMP and PP
2)   RF fwd preparing to step OP on L side
3)   LF fwd in CBMP OP on Partner’s L side

Hope this helps Smiley

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Pages: [1] Print