partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 09:53:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116515 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  After retirment from dancesport - do dance partners still dance together
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: After retirment from dancesport - do dance partners still dance together  (Read 650 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: May 25, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »

This came iup in the goals topic in context of unmarried couples: after retirning do they still dance together (if at all)?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:18:22 PM »

It depends on their goals---and the depth of their friendship. My guess is probably not.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »

I wonder.  I mean after working on dancing for many years there must be quite a hole when you suddenly stop.  Or maybe its such a relief to not have to deal with each other any more!  For non-life couples, ballroom must be one of the most intimate relationships you can have - mentally as well as physically - without actually being (love) partners...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »

I agree with others that it depends on your friendship and if you both still want to dance. Very hard to go from something to nothing.....and perhaps when you go by yourself you might find someone else who wants to dance socially...

I think you just have to give it a go together and by yourself and see what happens.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:45:03 AM »

Yes I do, not that I have retired from dancesport, but after my partner and I broke up, we still go to the same social and dance socially.
We don't go together specifically just to dance with eachother, but we both attend the same social (and that's how we first met) and there is no reason to stop going or stop dancing together.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »

Yes I do, not that I have retired from dancesport, but after my partner and I broke up, we still go to the same social and dance socially.
We don't go together specifically just to dance with eachother, but we both attend the same social (and that's how we first met) and there is no reason to stop going or stop dancing together.

Good for you.  There are few things worse in the dance world than to be shunned by an old partner...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: