partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  About us and Welcome
| |-+  Newcomers (Moderators: QPO, cornutt, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Hi all, I'm ..... (your first post?? :))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print
Author Topic: Hi all, I'm ..... (your first post?? :))  (Read 15073 times)
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »

Hello, DSV! Thanks for the invite; this forum looks like it'll be interesting. I only hope I can find the time to catch up on several interesting threads I've already found.

Hello drj! You are very welcome. I am glad to that you have joined us here. I do find many of the topics very interesting. It may take a little time to read through all the post on the interesting topics but I am sure you will get to it. It is a little addictive to be here Wink (in a good way) so you tend to get things done faster then you normally would.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 08:26:54 PM by Dora-Satya Veda » Logged

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2009, 10:37:52 PM »

OK, first post. I live not far from NYC. I have been taking group classes and lessons for about 3 years now, which makes me a superannuated beginner. I am a follow, and do smooth, mostly, although my teacher has been urging me to start rhythm, but it's not my great love. I have competed pro-am once, at Newcomer, with the predictable uneven results. I was invited here by DSV, but have taken my own sweet time about showing up. I will probably mostly lurk until I get the hang of this.

This may be the single most boring post I've ever made on a forum of any kind, dance or otherwise.

Welcome to PDO enjoy the surrounds and do look over some of the very inciteful threads in ballroom dance advanced. No post is boring.. your participation is valued ....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
drj
Bronze

« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2009, 11:54:33 PM »

Hello drj! You are very welcome. I am glad to that you have joined us here. I do find many of the topics very interesting. It may take a little time to read through all the post on the interesting topics but I am sure you will get to it. It is a little addictive to be here Wink (in a good way) so you tend to get things done faster then you normally would.

The opposite usually happens to me: I get absorbed in reading, and I get nothing else done! But I am looking forward, in one way, to a new addiction -- except when am I going to find the time???

ancora imparo
drj
Bronze

« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2009, 11:58:15 PM »

Welcome to PDO enjoy the surrounds and do look over some of the very inciteful threads in ballroom dance advanced. No post is boring.. your participation is valued ....

Thank you -- I've been looking around for a while. Lots of insight here. But really, bare bones facts? Boring. I could have spun a tale about being a kidnapped Estonian princess, trapped in a tower, but no, truth. It seems that one person's boring is another's interesting, though.

Back to reading the Falling thread, which is very interesting. My pro and I have been talking about this recently.

ancora imparo
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2009, 12:01:16 AM »

The opposite usually happens to me: I get absorbed in reading, and I get nothing else done! But I am looking forward, in one way, to a new addiction -- except when am I going to find the time???

I am sure you will find some time to give some input Wink hope you don't fall over your own finger trying to get back to "Falling" thread. Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 12:03:16 AM by Dora-Satya Veda » Logged

Edward Teller
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2009, 12:53:42 AM »

Thank you -- I've been looking around for a while. Lots of insight here. But really, bare bones facts? Boring. I could have spun a tale about being a kidnapped Estonian princess, trapped in a tower, but no, truth. It seems that one person's boring is another's interesting, though.

Back to reading the Falling thread, which is very interesting. My pro and I have been talking about this recently.

Ahh, so you have been one of the guests that are looking around. Well, we are glad that you joined the PDO family.

It would have been interesting to see what tale you could have spun......an Estonian princess, trapped in a tower.... that is already sounding interesting. Wink No, just be yourself. I think you have always had some great insights and sharing them here, would be good for everybody. Smiley

Edward Teller
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »

Welcome to PDO MrC enjoy looking around and do take a look at some of the older postings, once you have posted to a certain levels other threads are open up to you that have some very incitful information from other professionals that would be interesting to hear your views.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: